Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangie View Post
I think that how one votes and participates in the political process are elements of "basic character." I have yet to meet a person who holds political views opposite of mine, but with whom I agree on everything (anything?) else.
Orangie that is true to a point. My wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to political views. She's supports Senator Clinton, I like Senator McCain; She's pro-life, I favor abortion; she's anti gun, Im a lifetime NRA member; she's in favor of gay marriage, I am strongly opposed to gay marriage; she is against the war, I favor the war; She's ultra liberal, Im rather conservative. But she and I are soul mates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 12:04 AM

455 posts, read 1,018,435 times
Here's mine:

1. Being conservative (politics and life)
2. Being religious
3. Liking really crappy music / movies
4. Lack of intelligence
5. Out of shape
6. Cigarette smokers / hard drug users
7. Having no wanderlust / sense of adventure
8. No sense of humor
9. Having no backbone (figuratively and literally, call me superficial, but i like me some women with spines)
10. Girls who look up to Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, or anyone from 'The Hills'

Old 02-15-2008, 02:42 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Orangie that is true to a point. My wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to political views. She's supports Senator Clinton, I like Senator McCain; She's pro-life, I favor abortion; she's anti gun, Im a lifetime NRA member; she's in favor of gay marriage, I am strongly opposed to gay marriage; she is against the war, I favor the war; She's ultra liberal, Im rather conservative. But she and I are soul mates.
Wow DaBeez, that's great that you two can get along. My Husband and I are the same political party but disagree on several issues.

My dealbreakers are:

1. Does Drugs
2. Alcoholic
3. Likes to beat up women or kids
4. Is a thief
5. Hates kids
6. Likes molesting kids or raping woman
7. Hates Animals or when driving, sees an animal up ahead, and purposely tries to hit it
8. Lives with mom and dad and he's 45
9. He's already married
10. Doesn't want sex often
11. Doesn't like to eat at the Y
12. Has a Star Trek costume in his closet
13. Is Gay
14. Isn't monogamous
15. Wears my lingerie when I'm not around
16. Unhappy and always crabbin about something - the whoa is me attitude

That pretty much covers the important stuff. Everything else is negotiable depending on how good of a man he is.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
12# startrek uniform,bahaha!!!!!

hmmmm....then again a 6 of 8 (I like 6 of 9 better) uniform on you would be a good thing eh?....for the hubby of course.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
12# startrek uniform,bahaha!!!!!

hmmmm....then again a 6 of 8 (I like 6 of 9 better) uniform on you would be a good thing eh?....for the hubby of course.
I don't have the whole uniform but I do have a Star Trek communicator, its how I communicate with the Mother Ship.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't have the whole uniform but I do have a Star Trek communicator, its how I communicate with the Mother Ship.
Lindsey with respect,in some of the ways you have described yourself a startrek uniform on you wouldnt be a bad thing.It might make men babble in a language similar to Klingon.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Lindsey with respect,in some of the ways you have described yourself a startrek uniform on you wouldnt be a bad thing.It might make men babble in a language similar to Klingon.
Well that is sweet of you to say, I did in fact used to attend Star Trek conventions and was lucky enough to meet several of the stars. I was star struck when I got to shake hands with James Dohan, Majel Barrett, Patrick Stewart and many others. I still have some their autographed pictures.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Well that is sweet of you to say, I did in fact used to attend Star Trek conventions and was lucky enough to meet several of the stars. I was star struck when I got to shake hands with James Dohan, Majel Barrett, Patrick Stewart and many others. I still have some their autographed pictures.
It has always been a favorite series....all of them though next generation was my favorite.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
It has always been a favorite series....all of them though next generation was my favorite.
I love TNG also, I still watch it from time to time on Spike. Data of course was my favorite character but I never got to meet Brent Spiner.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:26 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
hahaha. Star Trek as a dealbreaker.

I used to think that guys who watched Star Trek were dorks. Never thought I would end up married to one. Just out of curiousity, lets say you married said Trekkie and when you are unpacking clothes in your new house, and you see the Star Trek costume, you leave the relationship?

At any rate, I am now watching Deep Space 9 on DVD... we have the whole series. It is quite a good show. Stranger things happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships