Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I'm a man and, yes, I agree. Absolutely.

I think society as a whole has declined partially due to female promiscuity.

I don't even date anymore really. I'm not interested in non-committed sex and I know that most women that I'm wining and dining will have a squeeze on the side that they're not telling me about.

My options for female companionship going forward are the following:

1) Dating women that have shown a high level of commitment to something. Doctors are a good example of this. With the massive regulations in health care and the microscope on providers, they have to be accountable for every single action. So I know that they tend to be more responsible and think about the consequences to their actions (not all, of course, but many). This is my preferred option.

2) Settling down in a different culture that holds women more accountable for their actions.

3) Just letting go and having fun. Don't commit and just stay single, while having multiple uncommitted relationships. This is the method employed by many men that I know (and likely the reason you're having issues right now). But it's not really true to myself or my values so I doubt that I'll do this.
Why is it all the woman's fault? It's not like the man isn't an active participant. If he didn't want to have sex, the sex wouldn't happen. Additionally, there's no requirement that you "wine and dine" anyone. Why not pick a more creative date option that isn't dinner?

Perhaps if dating weren't treated like some barter system where there was a wine and dine with the expectation of some sexual favor afterward, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. That's particularly the case with a physician who should have enough money to pay for her own dates. Why does she need you to wine and dine her? Why shouldn't the man be accountable for this just as much as the woman?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:25 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
Quote:
1) Dating women that have shown a high level of commitment to something. Doctors are a good example of this. With the massive regulations in health care and the microscope on providers, they have to be accountable for every single action. So I know that they tend to be more responsible and think about the consequences to their actions (not all, of course, but many). This is my preferred option.

LMAO! Go to a medical meeting sometime. It will cure you of this sexist naivete very quickly.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:32 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
I don't care about how many people are having sex, I don't care how often they're doing it, as long as they aren't hurting me; I don't give a crap what they do.

Would I engage? Probably not. I'm not going to judge anyone else for it though. Who am I to do that?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Why is it all the woman's fault? It's not like the man isn't an active participant. If he didn't want to have sex, the sex wouldn't happen. Additionally, there's no requirement that you "wine and dine" anyone. Why not pick a more creative date option that isn't dinner?

Perhaps if dating weren't treated like some barter system where there was a wine and dine with the expectation of some sexual favor afterward, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. That's particularly the case with a physician who should have enough money to pay for her own dates. Why does she need you to wine and dine her? Why shouldn't the man be accountable for this just as much as the woman?
You must have missed the memo. Every woman must take responsibility for those caught helplessly in the gravitational force of her vaginal tractor beam.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:38 AM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
I think there are still plenty of men out there who will wait beyond the third date to have sex. Unfortunately for the OP they will be very hard to find in her locale. The urban areas are generally fast-paced, young and loose. It is just the way things are now.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:46 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I'm a man and, yes, I agree. Absolutely.

I think society as a whole has declined partially due to female promiscuity.
And partially due to male promiscuity, right? Have you talked to your bros about this? About how they're ruining it for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo;
I don't even date anymore really. I'm not interested in non-committed sex and I know that most women that I'm wining and dining will have a squeeze on the side that they're not telling me about.
Wow, you have terrible taste in women, it sounds like. You need to a) pick better women (assuming your crystal ball that shows you they have a FWB on the side doesn't require repair), and b) stop wining and dining women you hardly know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo;
My options for female companionship going forward are the following:

Boy, are you naïve about doctors! Doctors Have a very cushy deal, almost the closest thing to a free ride as can be found (though they pay through the nose to buy in, it's true). They can see patients all day, tell them everything is in their imagination and that nothing at all is wrong, bill insurance, and rake in the cash. They don't have to provide a service in order to get paid. They only have to provide insurance with a billing code. Commitment? To what? The Almighty Dollar, yes. The patient, or their healing practice? Pffft. Please!

Good luck with the Gospel According to Akonyo. And for gawd's sake, stop being so loose with your wallet around women you don't even know. You have no one to blame but yourself for flashing your cash.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-24-2016 at 11:57 AM..

Old 04-24-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good luck with the Gospel According to Akonyo. And for gawd's sake, stop being so loose with your wallet around women you don't even know.
SSH! Don't let men see that comment. They might say he's ruining it for them because now women expect to be wined and dined within the first three dates!

Old 04-24-2016, 11:54 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Is this just another one of those threads where people born in 1970 and after wax nostalgic for the paradise that was the 1950s?

Old 04-24-2016, 11:58 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
SSH! Don't let men see that comment. They might say he's ruining it for them because now women expect to be wined and dined within the first three dates!

lol

Old 04-24-2016, 12:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperjade View Post
ssh! Don't let men see that comment. They might say he's ruining it for them because now women expect to be wined and dined within the first three dates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth4truth View Post

Lol
.................And a very big LOL indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships