Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:22 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,205,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe unimpressive physically, but so what? They could be awesome people. Look around, lots of people that aren't lookers date just fine. Thankfully!
Yes, this is what I mean.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:24 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,126,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
One thing I think examples can shed light on, living an interesting life out in the world is more likely to be successful that on line dating.
I agree.

I've noticed some have fallen into the trap of socializing virtually. They don't realize they place a high importance of pseudo relationships they've connected online and lost touch with what is real important; real relationships with real people that actually take an interest in you as a person.

In my part of the country (high cost of living) the dating pool is very competitive. People work long hours and live fast paced life. Less time for healthy relationships to develop naturally.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:25 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,707,023 times
I don't see it either. Most of my buddies are happily married (quick count says about 4/5ths), I have one buddy with a live in girlfriend (they are engaged), one is gay and has no one (but seems pretty happy being on his own, not a people person). None of these guys are "the top 5%" or the "top 20%" or whatever the made up number of the week is. We are all just average, with average looks, average jobs, etc. I also have a couple of buddies who are divorced too. I met them after their divorces. Honestly, it seems like they married too young and married women who just weren't right for them. Family-wise, my very shy brother is married (to a woman who is very shy too), Most of my cousin are married (the very young ones aren't of course), uncles are married (one if divorced), although I have one cousin who buys into the MGTOW thing and is miserable and whines to me all the time about how unfair everything is (honestly, I am to the point where I can't stand him either. I have no idea why he thinks any woman would want him).

Now, I did have dating issues in college, but the group I hung out with had men and women who were just as frustrated at not being able to find someone. It's kind of funny to look back it with a more mature mindset and think, "why didn't we just date each other?" But for whatever reason we didn't--we all hung out like that sit com, Friends. Maybe because we were (and still are) all good friends or maybe because we were all holding out for unrealistic expectations rooted in inexperience. I did date go on a few dates in college, but nothing panned out long-term.

So I have to wonder if most of these guys who come here and keep recreating new screen names and such just aren't inexperienced college-aged guys going through typical collage age insecurity and frustration like me and my friends (both men and women) did and thinking it's something new/something unique to the world today.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:29 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,126,613 times
oh yes...

CDR isn't even close to a reflection of reality. Don't expect it to be. The people who tend to start a post are those that are voicing frustrations. The people who are content won't have a reason to post.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:50 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe unimpressive physically, but so what? They could be awesome people. Look around, lots of people that aren't lookers date just fine. Thankfully!
And maybe they aren't awesome people. I know people who are unimpressive all around who are still in relationships. Was the point of this thread to say that if they can get into relationships, anyone can?

Old 05-11-2016, 06:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
And maybe they aren't awesome people. I know people who are unimpressive all around who are still in relationships. Was the point of this thread to say that if they can get into relationships, anyone can?
Ask the OP what their intent was. The point is pretty clear to me.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
No the point of the thread is that if someone is having difficulty with their social life, they might want to look at THEMSELVES as a more effective solution than whining.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,640,387 times
Quote:
The fact that a lot of unimpressive people manage to get in relationships doesn't change the fact that others struggle with dating for whatever reasons.
"Whatever reasons" most likely = "horrible, horrible attitudes."

If you're going to play the bitter, victimized psycho card and be angry at everyone female because you haven't gotten the dates you feel are due you ( such as has shown to be typical of these types of posters), big surprise that that doesn't really play out into a robust dating life. Blaming your frustrations on the world doesn't exactly endear you to others.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:09 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,714,341 times
This forum is statistically skewed towards bitter single guys who'd rather sit on their laptop and whine about their woeful dating options and how insecure they are, instead of going out to the real world and making things happen.

How many more threads about guys listing how bad they have been with women and feel like losers in life do we need already.

Women don't find that sort of 'brutal honesty' remotely appealing at all.

So guys, stop playing league of legends and start making something of your social lives.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This forum is statistically skewed towards bitter single guys who'd rather sit on their laptop and whine about their woeful dating options and how insecure they are, instead of going out to the real world and making things happen.

How many more threads about guys listing how bad they have been with women and feel like losers in life do we need already.

Women don't find that sort of 'brutal honesty' remotely appealing at all.

So guys, stop playing league of legends and start making something of your social lives.
Goodness, how dated must my post be referring to WoW? Who knew?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.