Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:09 AM

34 posts, read 22,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
Clearly you deserve better! Accept that...you ARE worthy of it!

Thanks!

I think I'm officially over it now and have no intention of messaging back. Actually went to grab a drink with a few colleagues and met an interesting guy so seeing how things go with him. I think after two months of things being up in the air, I have realised I simply deserve better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 08:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Just enjoy yourself and have fun.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Sounds like a plan!

Old 06-27-2016, 10:26 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethkk View Post
Thanks!

I think I'm officially over it now and have no intention of messaging back. Actually went to grab a drink with a few colleagues and met an interesting guy so seeing how things go with him. I think after two months of things being up in the air, I have realised I simply deserve better.
Woo hoo - enjoy!

Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 AM

34 posts, read 22,345 times
Thanks so much for the support everyone! We had our third date last night and it was absolutely amazing!

Of course when all is well, I'd get a message from the ex. Let me clarify the last message I sent was a couple of weeks ago, roughly stating "this is not functional, we either work through it or I can no longer be emotionally attached." I didn't get a response then and started living my life to the fullest. Last night I got a response stating, "That's more than fair. I don't expect any emotional attachment from you."

I can either ignore or completely end it and wish goodbye. Doesn't really matter though, it's completely clear he's an idiot.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:54 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:
Thanks so much for the support everyone! We had our third date last night and it was absolutely amazing!

Of course when all is well, I'd get a message from the ex. Let me clarify the last message I sent was a couple of weeks ago, roughly stating "this is not functional, we either work through it or I can no longer be emotionally attached." I didn't get a response then and started living my life to the fullest. Last night I got a response stating, "That's more than fair. I don't expect any emotional attachment from you."

I can either ignore or completely end it and wish goodbye. Doesn't really matter though, it's completely clear he's an idiot.
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be, let it be.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:05 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Ignore...he doesn't deserve a response

Old 07-01-2016, 10:20 AM

302 posts, read 230,662 times
Quote:

Ignore it. The fact he waited and sent such an impersonal response shows he is not really interested. Sound like he really doesn't care at all.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:06 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times
Ignore it.

It doesn't warrant a reply and the only reason why anyone would reply to that is to get another response from the guy.

It also already sounds completely ended. You don't have to have an, "It's OVER" talk for everything.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:21 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Resume: Boyfriend (30, very successful) and I (23, well educated with a good a job) have been dating for five months now. The relationship started off very intensely and we got serious from the start. He has been an amazing partner and until recently I could not wish for more. Constant communication, romantic dates, meeting each other's families, wedding parties etc.

The way things escalated: He has a highly demanding job in a leading investment bank, therefore I was warned at the start that work might take over at some point. I accepted it considering my own busy lifestyle and we went on with our lives. The last three weeks have been awfully strenuous for us as he's been working 100+ hours with no weekends. Needless to say, seeing each other has been impossible and trying to be understanding got harder.

Issue: I couldn't handle the lack of usual amounts of communication any longer and upon having a very hard time with my family, I needed him and his support. He seemed somewhat reserved and although wanting to understand the situation, he did not seem overly worried about my feelings. Because I was emotional and an absolute wreck at that time, I sent a message later that evening saying that I understand how demanding work is but that things are different, perhaps he's not happy with me and maybe we are not right for each other. His response was dry, stating that "I am busy with work and don't really have any spare time. So things aren't the same. Maybe we'd be better off taking a break for a while."
I knew he was expecting my response for good couple of hours (could see him typing but not sending the messages) and I contemplated saying either "Take as long as you need, I am done " or "Let's discuss in person and see if it's worth it in the long shot" but instead decided to break the pattern of strongly demanding and emotionally charged conversations that I introduced. Therefore, I joked saying "Maybe. After the break do we go on a date or straight to bed?" (Inside joke), his response was obvious and I could see he was relieved. We sent a few more light-hearted messages.

I don't know what to do here - I have feelings for him, yet his attitude baffled me. I expected more because he was constantly giving more before. However, I was fully aware what work could be like for him and people with his profession. I also knew work would come first more often than not. Yet, he either was not man enough to end it while already doing so in his head or truly couldn't handle stress at work, no time to sleep and my demands, ultimately resulting in suggesting space. Do I go on with my life and see how it pans out or should I give it a month and then completely disregard him?

Thanks!
He does not sound like he wants a relationship with you. Even if he did, why would you put yourself through his never being with you? Sounds like torture. My advice, he should stay single until he can commit time to building a meaningful relationship. Can't have a relationship by yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships