Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 03:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

The texting issue aside, ignoring a direct question is a punk move. Just say yes or no, if you are so scared of the consequences, after giving an answer, then it is understandable if you want to block them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 03:14 PM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The texting issue aside, ignoring a direct question is a punk move. Just say yes or no, if you are so scared of the consequences, after giving an answer, then it is understandable if you want to block them.
... block them, then run into each other at the next hike

Old 06-09-2016, 03:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Seriously.

If only all the Facebook and Instagram drama was banned from this board, like it is on the other one....
Yep. Texting is such a freaking limited form of communication. On this forum alone, I can't even begin to count the number of posts that began like this:

"There was this girl I met at a bar with friends and I got her number, so I texted her the next day to see if she'd like to get together....and I didn't hear from her instantaneously, so I texted her again. You'd think after five texts in ten minutes, she'd respond to me. And then I got, "Hey" as my response back. What do you think she meant by "Hey"? Was it a pissed-off Hey or a Glad To Hear From You Hey? So I texted back with LOL and she then texted back saying she was busy at work, and could she respond later? I didn't hear from her for five more hours, so I texted her again and now she's blocked me. Do you think I have a chance with her? Why isn't she responding?"

Here's the thing. If you actually hear the other person's voice on the telephone, it takes all of ten seconds to gauge interest, rather than this endless navel gazing.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:26 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
... block them, then run into each other at the next hike
Well since the girl thinks it is okay to ignore a text from the OP it should be ok for the OP to return the favor and ignore her at the next hike.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:28 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Well since the girl thinks it is okay to ignore a text from the OP it should be ok for the OP to return the favor and ignore her at the next hike.
It's more likely that she's not going to go to that hiking group anymore because she doesn't want to run into the OP.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:38 PM

914 posts, read 738,060 times
Quote:
My point was that there is no block function for her to use in real life.

And yeah of course he can "return the favour" and ignore her at the next hike. Don't think that was ever in question. She might not mind being ignored by him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's more likely that she's not going to go to that hiking group anymore because she doesn't want to run into the OP.
Yup, that's a possibility

Old 06-09-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Well, his real failure was to not simply ask right there and then, "Hey, I'm enjoying the conversation. Want to continue it over coffee?" If this guy is to be believed, the iron was hot, man.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:45 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
I realize texting is the norm these days but it looks weak to ask a girl out via text.

Should have called her or asked next get together.

No need to get all dramatic over one texting incident. Sure it would have been nice to hear back but it is what it is. Move on.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:46 PM

302 posts, read 230,662 times
She might have gave you the wrong number.

I find it annoying that people expect some sort of response to their advances. Just move on. If someone doesn't bite complaining about it isn't going to change anything.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I realize texting is the norm these days but it looks weak to ask a girl out via text.

Should have called her or asked next get together.

No need to get all dramatic over one texting incident. Sure it would have been nice to hear back but it is what it is. Move on.
Yep. It's timid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships