Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 03:50 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times

Advertisements

She might not have got the text. She might have seen the text, meant to reply, got busy & forgot about it. She might just not be interested. Yes it's rude not to reply, but she might have had less than positive experiences when she replied in the past resulting in this behaviour.

You can either call or ask her in person post meet up. Brace yourself that it might not be a positive answer though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 03:58 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Good. So you have anecdotal evidence that illustrates one thing. I have anecdotal evidence that illustrates another thing. We all have anecdotal evidence. However, a few bad apples shouldn't ruin it for everyone. I mean, think about it. If it's assumed that all these guys are crazy to begin with, then why go out with any of them in the first place. Sounds to me like a poor excuse for not having the gall to say what you feel.

Its not a few bad apples. It's ubiquitous. It's a good chunk of the apples. And it only takes a handful of people to make on wary of a situation. If me doing something results in pain and misery 20% of the time, I'm not doing it at all.

And there is no point in saying something when it yields me zero benefit. No one is owed an explanation for another person's feelings, especially a strangers.

And I haven't seen you illustrate anything. You just said "i don't think", are you looking and seeing the responses all your female friends are getting when they turn someone down? Are you asking them?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:03 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
nope, the message clearly said who I was and where we met and also was very friendly

and I disagree that expressing interest is easy, each time you do it you face potential rejection, some women do not get this because they do not have to do it but nobody likes rejection, especially the dead silence type of rejection... I know one has to have a thick skin and move on but that does not mean it doesn't suck.

Disagree... I think ignoring someone's communication without reason is impolite. You may think it's just "different behavior" and not rude, but I most certainly think it is rude.
OOOOOh

The catastrophically deadly and evil rejection...

Get over it!!!

Rejection is disappointing, but it doesn't have to suck. Dead Silence, I don't know. I personally hate when that happens, but... it's life.

Yeah, it is impolite and rude to ignore someone... but what can you do?

But yeah. All you can do is move on and find someone else... or become a monk like me.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You can say that when you've been a woman that has rejected someone. Sadly, I've heard many a story from female friends on how many entitled guys react when they're turned down. It's horrifying.

If anything, us guys should be pointing the finger at other guys as we as males create the climate for these interactions.
Yeah. Thank you. That is a real problem that women face.

I myself have a taste of that because I got guys coming after me for some reason. You say no to them, all hell breaks loose.

It is scary for women. All because guys can't handle rejection. One woman I know had a guy physically attack her just because she politely rejected him.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:10 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Quote:
Its not a few bad apples. It's ubiquitous. It's a good chunk of the apples. And it only takes a handful of people to make on wary of a situation. If me doing something results in pain and misery 20% of the time, I'm not doing it at all.

And there is no point in saying something when it yields me zero benefit. No one is owed an explanation for another person's feelings, especially a strangers.

And I haven't seen you illustrate anything.
That's a ridiculous comment. You're saying the vast majority of rejected men resort to verbally insulting the women who reject them? I don't buy it. You're the one that made the ridiculous claim. The burden of proof lies on you to prove that that is statistically the case.

At any rate, if your claim was true, then these women wouldn't bother dating any more men at all, because according to your claim, the majority of them are crazy anyway (at least when they're rejected). So why do they continue to seek out men when they're apparently all psychotic man children according to you?

I provided a specific example from my own life when a girl rejected me. Believe it or not, I told her thank you and that I appreciated her honesty. That was how we left it. In fact, I've been rejected a fair amount before I met my SO, and never once did I lash out at these women for not wanting me. Was I confused at times? Definitely. Did I question things in my mind about what I was doing wrong? Sure. But I never once thought about lashing out at a woman for ghosting on me or rejecting me.

You can justify it however you please. In my opinion, I think it's rude not to acknowledge/respond to any person who has asked you a question regardless of the context. You don't need to provide an elaborate explanation to accomplish this.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:13 PM
SQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yeah. Thank you. That is a real problem that women face.

I myself have a taste of that because I got guys coming after me for some reason. You say no to them, all hell breaks loose.

It is scary for women. All because guys can't handle rejection. One woman I know had a guy physically attack her just because she politely rejected him.
What insane world do you people live in where ALL men are apparently attacking women who don't respond in kind to their advances? Jeezus, this forum is a riot.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:15 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
What insane world do you people live in where ALL men are apparently attacking women who don't respond in kind to their advances? Jeezus, this forum is a riot.
This is CD
Stay for awhile and you will understand which way this board swings

Old 06-09-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
This isn't a ghosting situation at all.

And, it is incredibly common. Every woman I know that we've discussed dating have told stories about guys going on tirades when they're rejected, from dropping the C word and calling them sloots, to getting physical. Its very common.

All I'm saying is that us guys should be aware that this is quite common, and try to step out of our shoes, and realize our privilege (which is considerable), and try to understand that just because we do not perceive a reason for a woman not responding to an outreach or avoiding potential confrontation, doesn't mean that the reason doesn't exist.
It is very common.

Ok guys, imagine a big (gay) guy coming onto you trying to get inside your pants, you tell him no, but he keeps pushing and then you keep saying no, then he goes off and starts pounding on you or something. (Something like that happened to me when I told some guy that I was heterosexual).

Old 06-09-2016, 04:17 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Did anyone ever say ALL?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:18 PM
SQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It is very common.

Ok guys, imagine a big (gay) guy coming onto you trying to get inside your pants, you tell him no, but he keeps pushing and then you keep saying no, then he goes off and starts pounding on you or something. (Something like that happened to me when I told some guy that I was heterosexual).
It happened to me ONCE. Therefore, it is the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships