Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:30 AM

38 posts, read 19,105 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I went to a major conference in which my company participated. I met lots of people from different companies. One of them was a beautiful woman and we started chatting and basically stayed together throughout the day.

When we found out our respective offices are right next to each other, she said we had to arrange a lunch sometime, together with a guy from her company with whom I got acquainted as well. I said sure, why not.

When our lunch came up, she showed up without her colleague because he had to go somewhere else. I said it was no problem at all and we had a nice lunch. Still, I thought the conversation was going to be work-related but she kept trying to get more personal but in a discreet manner.

We started chatting on Facebook as well but I only talked about work. She invited me for coffee but I was busy on that particular night and had to refuse.

Since then we haven't been in contact anymore. I spoke about this with a friend of mine and he said "are you really that naive? Can't you see she was trying to get a date with you?".

I mean I never had a girlfriend so I don't know how these things work. To me she was just being nice, nothing else. I saw no reason not to have lunch with her since our workplaces are next to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 09:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Maybe?

When she asked you for coffee, you should have suggested an alternate date. Then you would know.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
How old are you, and what do you believe the reason is that you have never dated a woman? That will reflect on my answer to your question.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:37 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
You have to ask if this lady was interested?

No wonder so many guys on this forum seem to have a hard time with dating and whatnot, more timid than a field mouse.

You don't need a PhD in love to know that if a lady asks you out for coffee in addition to previously asking you out to lunch (and sharing FB chats), there's some interest there.

The only way to find out is to go for coffee and then go from there, and later asking her out to dinner.

Maybe she's just bored, but the bottom line is you'll only find out her true feelings and intentions by spending more time with her and seeing the chemistry, not asking the opinions of strangers on a forum.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Maybe?

When she asked you for coffee, you should have suggested an alternate date. Then you would know.
Well, she didn't take the initiative to suggest another date herself so I decided not to do it.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:41 AM

I don't think he was attracted to her. Any normal guy would have taken advantage of those one-on-one meetings to make his move--IF he wanted to.

This guy doesn't want it.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How old are you, and what do you believe the reason is that you have never dated a woman? That will reflect on my answer to your question.
I'm 35. Not sure why, it just never happened for some reason. Well, my job has always been the main focus of my life. I pour most of my energy into it so at the end of the day I don't have much left to dedicate myself fully to another person.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichHotzen View Post
I pour most of my energy into it so at the end of the day I don't have much left to dedicate myself fully to another person.
So you are not ready to date at this time anyway....

Old 06-13-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't think he was attracted to her. Any normal guy would have taken advantage of those one-on-one meetings to make his move--IF he wanted to.

This guy doesn't want it.
She's very attractive. But I won't assume anything about anyone I met in a professional setting other than the person is being nice. At least that's how it works in my mind.

I'm also friendly and courteous with a lot of people and it doesn't mean there's second intentions.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:47 AM

You are a 35 year old kissless virgin. Got it. No worries, we see a lot of that here.

My assessment is that you are either:

a) not interested in women, or

b) suffer from an untreated emotional or cognitive issue (OCD, anxiety, autism spectrum, etc).

So really, whether or not she is interested in you doesn't matter, since you have no intention of doing anything about it. Do you see that? Yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships