Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 03:34 AM

947 posts, read 1,191,401 times

Advertisements

I don't think "husband material" is an insult, rather it's an indication that you're the kind of guy a woman should be with. The kind of guy with husband-like qualities on paper but exudes no kind of attraction, charm, or chemistry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 04:34 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,665,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This hardly seems like living on the edge. When I think of living on the edge, I think more of base jumping off the trail in a wingsuit, spending a week dancing at Burining Man or crashing the stage when the band is playing.
That's because you probably lacked a father figure, a guide, a mentor.

Just playing JAG

Old 07-29-2016, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If a woman's mother likes you more than she does, that's a very bad sign. The mother is thinking about you as a husband for her daughter and a father and provider for her grandchildren. What you really want and this is necessary for a long-term relationship to succeed, is for the woman to think of you as a sex partner and to be very hot and eager for you to get in the sack.
And here is the truth of it all.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
I don't think "husband material" is an insult, rather it's an indication that you're the kind of guy a woman should be with. The kind of guy with husband-like qualities on paper but exudes no kind of attraction, charm, or chemistry.
In other words, being 'husband material' = being single and lonely..

Based upon the number of single, fatherless mothers running around, definitely funny, fun, etc is outweighing secure, stable, in the attraction department for women.

No one's claiming that women have an affinity to be attracted to what will be best for them.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:16 AM

11,124 posts, read 5,636,587 times
My observation is that women have poor taste and show little sense in their choice of men. It's almost as bad as the poor sense men have in picking out women.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
My observation is that women have poor taste and show little sense in their choice of men. It's almost as bad as the poor sense men have in picking out women.
Not really.

Men ultimately are attracted to the physical first. Many women now that are attractive are also educated with good jobs. Generally these come with crappy 'I don't need you' attitudes but what can you do you can't have it all lol.

But yes there isn't a lack of hot little bodies with no brains or character that men are flaunting over.. myself included

Last edited by Mikelee81; 07-29-2016 at 05:52 AM..

Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Sounds like and insult to me!

Old 07-29-2016, 12:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,138,957 times
Quote:
Why do people always say this?

And it's always "everybody else," not the ONE person speaking. The whole rest of the world seems to have this problem but of course, not the speaker...

...then when the speaker has problems in his own relationship, it's because she must have been crazy, he's such a good guy.

(Women do this too...I just said "guy" because I'm guessing the person is a guy, unless he's a chick named Steve.)

Old 07-29-2016, 12:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,908,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why do people always say this?

And it's always "everybody else," not the ONE person speaking. The whole rest of the world seems to have this problem but of course, not the speaker...

...then when the speaker has problems in his own relationship, it's because she must have been crazy, he's such a good guy.

(Women do this too...I just said "guy" because I'm guessing the person is a guy, unless he's a chick named Steve.)
Well he did give us that men are almost as bad...anyway and besides-- if men are the ones who usually make the first move why is it women who always have the bad picker? Maybe we could change the terminology around to: women have a bad 'acceptor'?

Old 07-29-2016, 12:54 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,768,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Well he did give us that men are almost as bad...anyway and besides-- if men are the ones who usually make the first move why is it women who always have the bad picker? Maybe we could change the terminology around to: women have a bad 'acceptor'?
And another thing that I would like to point out is that these same "men" posting about how females are stuck up, this that and the third when most of THEM are the ones who are coming after us to begin with.

It just gets the point where a person asks "What in Sam Hill do YOU want from me?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships