Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,077,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Well he did give us that men are almost as bad...anyway and besides-- if men are the ones who usually make the first move why is it women who always have the bad picker? Maybe we could change the terminology around to: women have a bad 'acceptor'?
^ Yeah, now that's an interesting question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 02:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,077,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
And another thing that I would like to point out is that these same "men" posting about how females are stuck up, this that and the third when most of THEM are the ones who are coming after us to begin with.

It just gets the point where a person asks "What in Sam Hill do YOU want from me?"
Yet another good point.

Him: "I want you so much. You're perfect. I could see myself spending the rest of my life with you."

Her: "I'm sorry, I'm not interested."

Him: "Well, this is proof that women, especially women like you, have inflated egos, are overly choosy, unrealistic, lazy/want some guy to do all the work/take care of you, and are shallow."

Her: "And yet, before I said no, you said I was perfect for you."

Him: "....."

Old 07-29-2016, 02:48 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,562,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
My observation is that women have poor taste and show little sense in their choice of men. It's almost as bad as the poor sense men have in picking out women.
If that's your observation in women's choices in men..... What's that say about you then?

Old 07-29-2016, 03:45 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,896,349 times
Quote:
Well he did give us that men are almost as bad...anyway and besides-- if men are the ones who usually make the first move why is it women who always have the bad picker? Maybe we could change the terminology around to: women have a bad 'acceptor'?
Not necessarily. Since women have the final say in every stage of dating, they're technically doing the picking: deciding to accept or reject a man's advances. So that still makes them the "picker" among the sexes. The men are the "approacher".

Old 07-29-2016, 04:06 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,889,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Not necessarily. Since women have the final say in every stage of dating, they're technically doing the picking: deciding to accept or reject a man's advances. So that still makes them the "picker" among the sexes. The men are the "approacher".
The man PICKED whom he approached!

Old 07-29-2016, 04:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,921,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Where do people come up with this stuff? Women hardly have the final say at every stage of dating. Men can reject women just as easily as women can reject men.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
The man PICKED whom he approached!
Beat me to it

Old 07-29-2016, 04:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,889,467 times
Not in all cases, just saying the men seem to initiate and the women get blamed for being crazy or not picking a winner when all they did was say, sure I'll go out with you. Am I supposed to say, "this won't end well, move along". Nope, I got picked, I'm going to see where it goes

Hint: I think we'll be happy if men just take half the blame for failed relationships, ok?

Old 07-29-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Not in all cases, just saying the men seem to initiate and the women get blamed for being crazy or not picking a winner when all they did was say, sure I'll go out with you. Am I supposed to say, "this won't end well, move along". Nope, I got picked, I'm going to see where it goes

Hint: I think we'll be happy if men just take half the blame for failed relationships, ok?
How long is it until the next millennium?

Old 07-29-2016, 04:19 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,208,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Beat me to it
I second that. The one who does more initiation will get rejected now and again. But as stated, if he does get a positive response, it's by a women he picked and wanted.

And as JAG said, women can be rejected as well. Not all men take whatever woman is interested. Someone here mentioned a girl who tried approaching guys in college, and they usually laughed at her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships