Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 05:48 PM

652 posts, read 684,237 times

Advertisements

I think it would be nice for a change to have a woman ask me out or show some interests at least. The way I look at it is somebody gotta make the first move. Otherwise, you'll never know if the person is interested or not. You may even regret it too.
I've tried asking a woman out about a month or so ago. She just old that she is "emotionally unavailable". I have no idea what that means lol. Maybe, thats her way of putting me in the friend zone. Anyways, I'm at the point where I don't wanna ask any women out even if I like them. I may just end up in their friend zone anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 06:15 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,913,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RME40 View Post
I think it would be nice for a change to have a woman ask me out or show some interests at least. The way I look at it is somebody gotta make the first move. Otherwise, you'll never know if the person is interested or not. You may even regret it too.
I've tried asking a woman out about a month or so ago. She just old that she is "emotionally unavailable". I have no idea what that means lol. Maybe, thats her way of putting me in the friend zone. Anyways, I'm at the point where I don't wanna ask any women out even if I like them. I may just end up in their friend zone anyways.
Hahaha! That's like shooting a basket the first time you play basketball and missing and then giving up basketball forever just because you missed the first shot.

Are you another guy who had no father in the picture growing up?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,541,350 times
Quote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And just the one 🏀 For good measure

Old 07-24-2016, 06:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
It could be nothing about you, and more so she went stone cold after the last guy crapped on her so to speak. Maybe she wants to be in the right frame of mind in order to date you?

Kudos to you asking her out though.

It's true you never know what will happen if you don't.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Hahaha! That's like shooting a basket the first time you play basketball and missing and then giving up basketball forever just because you missed the first shot.

Are you another guy who had no father in the picture growing up?
Uncalled for, don't be rude.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It could be nothing about you, and more so she went stone cold after the last guy crapped on her so to speak. Maybe she wants to be in the right frame of mind in order to date you?

Kudos to you asking her out though.

It's true you never know what will happen if you don't.
Yes! crapped on and temporarily out of order is what it means.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:34 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,913,207 times
Quote:
Uncalled for, don't be rude.
Many young guys who are afraid of rejection had distant or absent fathers. Because of this, theyt never learned the skills or the grit to be able to handle any type of rejection, nor do they have much in the terms of ability to navigate the terrain of relationships with women.

These guys would do well to seek out the guidance from older guys who have successful dating and relationship experience.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Yep that's exactly what it means. I've been there before.And you can't even imagine happiness so why date?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Many young guys who are afraid of rejection had distant or absent fathers. Because of this, theyt never learned the skills or the grit to be able to handle any type of rejection, nor do they have much in the terms of ability to navigate the terrain of relationships with women.

These guys would do well to seek out the guidance from older guys who have successful dating and relationship experience.
Nope that's lumping all men from a single mom into one broad group. Many are different or grew up in a loving family.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:57 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,875,951 times
Quote:
Yep that's exactly what it means. I've been there before.And you can't even imagine happiness so why date?
And yet we can agree it means temporary. Time to regroup, work out. Read a book. Get a tan. Have too much to drink and cheer that you didn't drunk-dial. It doesn't mean "Oh I hate men they're so mean and I'm going to decide they all just have the same lines, poor poor me, I always lose, they always win next time I'm going to call FWB first, so it's not confusing...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships