Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,213,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangrejo View Post
Do you mean that it was a mistake for me to have sex with them?
No. She's just explaining things. Their point is, just because you hung out and had sex with the guys doesn't mean they wanted to date you, otherwise you would be dating one of them now.

They probably thought you were cool and enjoyed sex, but hat doesn't mean they'd date you. Some people-in general, are fine doing certain things with someone they are just casual with and not dating.

Call this hypocritical, Insecure, or even stupid. But some have a date-type vs. a sex type. And for the latter, they don't care what
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 02:10 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,262,790 times
Quote:
Do you mean that it was a mistake for me to have sex with them?
You did what you wanted to do. You said you didnt want to settle down back then. With the number of guys you slept with you obviously werent being very choosy about the quality of the person you were sleeping with, as far as relationship material.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:02 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,168,097 times
Quote:
Should I keep trying to meet new people, or should I call some of my old FWBs / FBs and see if I can get something started with them?
There's a movie about a woman (Anna Faris) who does this, called "What's Your Number?"

FWIW, I don't see any reason you need to disclose your "number" and I don't understand why you feel compelled to do so. From your posts in this thread you almost seem eager to share the information. It's unnecessary.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:33 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,960,398 times
I think the OP is doing the right thing. Its obviously not an attractive characteristic of many people, men and women. Disclosing it upfront makes a lot of sense. If she discloses it later, and he bails, now she's wasted a lot of time and set herself up potentially for heartbreak. If she doesn't disclose, and he finds out after they say get married and have kids, it could torpedo the marriage permanently. Disclosing this is no different than someone disclosing a previous drug addiction, prison time, sex change or a bunch of other things. Stick to your guns OP. There are men out there that would appreciate your honesty, and find it attractive.

Maybe a lot of you don't like the idea of telling the number of sex partners because you wouldn't want anyone to know your number?

Old 07-26-2016, 04:59 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,109,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Maybe a lot of you don't like the idea of telling the number of sex partners because you wouldn't want anyone to know your number?

More like they think it is either none of their business, or they don't keep track. It would be weird to do so. It isn't like I kept a list of every date I've had, or every kiss I've had. I'd hate to think of keeping a "scoresheet" of romantic or intimate connections as well. It really makes no sense to me.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:30 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,896,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
How does this come up every single time anyway? I've never been asked my number, and neither have many of the female posters here. Lots of male posters here don't ask or want to know. Do the guys you date ask you, or do you blurt it out at some inopportune time? Do you tell them before or after sex?
I think she said she asks them if they want to know. I don't know why, either. I don't know my number. Except up until a few years ago it was 1.

Quote:
They need to know who I really am
Why do you see this number as who you 'really are'? You aren't really a number! Be something else that is more interesting to be around if you're looking for more than a FB.

Really, people don't go around thinking about this, and your FWB/FB may not have wondered until you gave them a number to fixate on...how old are you anyway? Is this like 3 a year...or 20 a year?

Don't answer if you don't feel like it, that's none of our business, either

Old 07-26-2016, 07:01 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,262,790 times
Im not so sure why she thinks she has to tell everyone she dated that she slept with 75 (or however many) men. That is her past, and if she is seeing someone now, that has nothing to do with her past.

Its not like it will show up on her credit report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships