Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:31 PM

596 posts, read 628,964 times

Advertisements

Okay here's the thing, whenever I try to be honest and upfront with a guy (which is often) he ends up taking my "hey, I am not interested" as "I am totally interested."

But whenever I have ignored a guy, he has taken the hint and left me alone for good. So men, what gives??

You all say you hate when women ghost yet dont take the hint when we tell you to YOUR FACE we dont like you. Whereas most women dont take the hint with ghosting but we often accept it when you tell us to our face directly, you are not interested.

Just observations.

But anyway, I am on my 3rd guy who has done this. I have told them "I am sorry but I just am not interested," and they will give it a few weeks and then BAM send me a stream of text, as if I did not tell them before how I was not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 06:35 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
I'm not aware of this dynamic you speak of. I think in a way I would probably prefer the ghosting vs the other.

At least with ghosting at some point you sorta figure it out and don't have to hear that you "pretty much suck and I'm not interested in you speech." Although it's wrapped up a little more pleasant than that, but that's really what it means at the end of the day.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
Okay here's the thing, whenever I try to be honest and upfront with a guy (which is often) he ends up taking my "hey, I am not interested" as "I am totally interested."

But whenever I have ignored a guy, he has taken the hint and left me alone for good. So men, what gives??

You all say you hate when women ghost yet dont take the hint when we tell you to YOUR FACE we dont like you. Whereas most women dont take the hint with ghosting but we often accept it when you tell us to our face directly, you are not interested.

Just observations.

But anyway, I am on my 3rd guy who has done this. I have told them "I am sorry but I just am not interested," and they will give it a few weeks and then BAM send me a stream of text, as if I did not tell them before how I was not interested.
Completely dependent on the bloke in question

Most will take this hint ( well it's but even a hint as you've said it outright ) and leave you alone..... We pretty much all like a challenge or 2 but won't in million years chase one when they clearly are not interested

I'd muster a guess that the blokes you we're talking to didn't have many other options or had something else going on....

Old 08-07-2016, 06:40 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,917,714 times
Quote:

Just observations.

Just be flattered that they still have that ray of hope. When guys are used to not being able to interpret the drama women throw at them, you can't hardly blame them for harboring a small flame that says "maybe she changed her mind?"

Ignore that stream of text and have a moment of smug satisfaction that, hey, he's still thinking about you.

I treat other people how I want to be treated, so mostly I tell them I'm not interested rather than ghosting.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not aware of this dynamic you speak of. I think in a way I would probably prefer the ghosting vs the other.

At least with ghosting at some point you sorta figure it out and don't have to hear that you "pretty much suck and I'm not interested in you speech." Although it's wrapped up a little more pleasant than that, but that's really what it means at the end of the day.
I never take it as such, I think there are numerous reasons why someone would not wish to continue seeing someone. It doesnt mean you, yourself are a hopeless disaster. Personally, I find people who ghost disgusting. To me it is such a cowardly thing to do and says a lot about the degree of selfishness that person has.

I tend to ghost only if the guy seems like he wouldnt take it well or say we had one date or something. But even then if he is messaging me seeming interested in seeking out a other date and i am not into him, i will just stop it right there as to not lead him on.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Completely dependent on the bloke in question

Most will take this hint ( well it's but even a hint as you've said it outright ) and leave you alone..... We pretty much all like a challenge or 2 but won't in million years chase one when they clearly are not interested

I'd muster a guess that the blokes you we're talking to didn't have many other options or had something else going on....
Sorry, I dont follow. What do you mean he had "something else going on?" Or "didnt have too many options." Eitherway I told him i was not into him, so I should of been eliminated in being an option for him, because Im not lol

Old 08-07-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I never take it as such, I think there are numerous reasons why someone would not wish to continue seeing someone. It doesnt mean you, yourself are a hopeless disaster. Personally, I find people who ghost disgusting. To me it is such a cowardly thing to do and says a lot about the degree of selfishness that person has.

I tend to ghost only if the guy seems like he wouldnt take it well or say we had one date or something. But even then if he is messaging me seeming interested in seeking out a other date and i am not into him, i will just stop it right there as to not lead him on.

Ghosting is "disgusting" LOL... seems like that level upset would be better served toward a more deserving subject, say child molesters. LOL....

Old 08-07-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Just be flattered that they still have that ray of hope. When guys are used to not being able to interpret the drama women throw at them, you can't hardly blame them for harboring a small flame that says "maybe she changed her mind?"

Ignore that stream of text and have a moment of smug satisfaction that, hey, he's still thinking about you.

I treat other people how I want to be treated, so mostly I tell them I'm not interested rather than ghosting.
I am the same way too, I rather a guy tell me directly than disappear because a. They usually do it after a few months or weeks of dating so it is so random and feekings have already developed. Verbal directness creates instant closure instead of questions like why? What happened? Are they just busy? Or not into me anymore?

Old 08-07-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ghosting is "disgusting" LOL... seems like that level upset would be better served toward a more deserving subject, say child molesters. LOL....
Communications and Theater major. I am very expressive and no, ghosters are disgusting cowards.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Communications and Theater major. I am very expressive and no, ghosters are disgusting cowards.

LOL... really? I guess I'm parsing words a bit much here, but disgusting is what our current political race is, some dude not returning your calls???? Disgusting??? LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships