Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 10:47 PM

35 posts, read 22,166 times

Advertisements

I have experienced women cheating on me. In all kind of ways. Emotional cheating. Outright sex. Sex texting. Dating others behind my back. Innapropriate communication with their ex's,,,,

My current on again off again girlfriend continues to have inappropriate communication with her ex-husband. While she's not having sex with him to me it's just as bad. She has had 2 1/2 years to put an end to this. She makes all kinds of promises but eventually goes back to the behavior and I'm crushed. I don't think at this point this woman will change.

My question is whether or not people change when they're accustomed to this kind of behavior? Especially women. Does anybody have a success story where their woman was able to change and stop with all inappropriate stuff.

Please no comments on my other posts. I am over itb

Last edited by Jdesey; 09-02-2016 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 11:00 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
The lure is always there.

I'm a guy who has either/both physically or emotionally cheated on most long term partners I was with.

If you're young (say, under 25) and cheat, it's not morally right, but it happens. I was 18 and was with a woman who was 35 at the time, and we were together for nearly three years. I loved her, but ended up with some women closer to my age and some even older than her.

Do I regret that today? Not really, because it wasn't something that was going to be permanent, and I was young and needed to explore.

Last year, I cheated on my then girlfriend. I regret doing it now. The cheating didn't break up the relationship, she didn't find out, and I doubt it would have worked over the long term period.

If you're asking me if I could stop, the answer is just maybe. It would really need to be true love to keep my wandering eye on the leash.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Personal opinion just from my observations with friends/family/aquaintances: No; they don't change but this goes for men as well as women. It's kind of like an abusive partner; no matter how much they promise, they just don't stop.

Thats just my opinion/experience though. Maybe other posters will have a more optomistic view?

Old 09-02-2016, 11:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
People (not just women, but people overall) repeat behavior that gets them things they want.

As long as cheating continues to produce a desired outcome for an individual, there's no incentive not to continue it.

If their cheating has an end result that is seriously detrimental to their life, and if that outweighs any of the good they got out of it, less likely to continue the behavior pattern.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Define "inappropriate communication."

I mean, if you do not like what she's saying or doing, you should find another girl, but...what exactly is she doing?

Old 09-03-2016, 01:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Habitual cheaters might not ever change their unscrupulous ways, but when it comes to your own relationship, you need to set boundaries and adhere to them, so your partner knows crystal clear what is acceptable behavior, and what is not.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:54 AM

511 posts, read 402,286 times
Guys/girls who don't cheat never start.

Figure it out.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,169 times
Leopards and spots, comes to mind.

You're dealing with people, and people are the hardest things to understand. Forget Einstein, forget super-computers, forget the most complicated mathematical formula ever; they are count for nothing compared to trying to understand the human psyche!

Just like habitural criminals, they will keep on cheating because they get some form of <sadistic> pleasure from it; the buzz, the risk, the "trying something new" because they tire of predictablity.

Men and women who cheat, do so for a number of reasons, not least if they're young and extremely good looking. They will be very self-confident and can play the game quite easily. Especially with the advent of social media and YouTube, where people can upload themselves to a potential global audience flaunting their vanity.

You're still with a woman who is continually cheating on you. Why put yourself through that any more? End it and move on and end the misery. But perhaps next time round you can use your head rather than your heart when it comes to relationships.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:08 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Some men and women can't stop, but many do. For me, it eventually wasn't worth the pain and I found someone with whom I could have pleasure without pain.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:16 AM

511 posts, read 402,286 times
Guys/girls who don't cheat never start.

Figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships