Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 03:08 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Makes me wonder what went wrong that made guys late bloomers in developing those assets and attributes, something must of went wrong in their formative years
There's also some guys like me, that were in a long relationship and then when it ended, they just become totally clueless and have to start from scratch. I was in this position just a few years ago, my best friend is 33 and in this position now. I feel so bad for him, because he has a lot to offer. He's been in two very long relationships (each girl had movie star looks) and now he's really lost, since the last one ended almost 3 years ago.

You really gotta put yourself out there to break it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
There's also some guys like me, that were in a long relationship and then when it ended, they just become totally clueless and have to start from scratch. I was in this position just a few years ago, my best friend is 33 and in this position now. I feel so bad for him, because he has a lot to offer. He's been in two very long relationships (each girl had movie star looks) and now he's really lost, since the last one ended almost 3 years ago.

You really gotta put yourself out there to break it.
Well I'm referring to guys in their mid to late 20s and older who have never had a girlfriend before, just never knew how to make it happen with women

Old 09-24-2016, 06:26 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Well I'm referring to guys in their mid to late 20s and older who have never had a girlfriend before, just never knew how to make it happen with women
I'm in my mid 20's, and never had a girlfriend before (though have been on dates).

In my experience, I feel a lot of it comes down to circumstance and luck (essentially being at the right place at the right time). Even if you dress well, have a job/making money, have good hygiene, social skills, etc.

Also, some people are just not naturally good (or are clueless) at getting into relationships, while others have no problem. GravityMan is correct, but it just doesn't come that easy or naturally for some people. It's almost like with everything else in life.

Not to mention, some people may not be interesting in dating or being in a relationship at a certain time period. I wasn't until about 2-3 years ago.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 09-24-2016 at 06:38 PM..

Old 09-24-2016, 07:49 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
To get experience with women, women actually have to consent to date you...that never happened for me.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:59 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
IMO, in most cases, guys that have the hardest time getting with a woman are guys that are afraid to interact with them.
Not true. Some guys can interact with women easily and still strike out. I'm that guy.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:09 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Not true. Some guys can interact with women easily and still strike out. I'm that guy.
The problem with that is yes ALOT of men can interact with women but don't know HOW to interact with women

You can interact and speak to them all day long mate but if you're not saying the right things and above all in the right way then you're wasting your time mate

( not you but in general )

Old 09-25-2016, 09:13 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional12 View Post
Tell me is it hard or easy to get a girlfriend?
It's difficult if you're not outgoing, and don't find it enjoyable to talk to people you don't know.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:19 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
First of all, a girlfriend is not something you "get". It's a person you meet. One that has common interests wih you, one whose company you genuinely enjoy.

Chaging your mindset to that goal, of meeting someone that is really fun to hang out with, that you genuinely like, instead of "getting a girlfriend" like you are catching a frickin fish or something is a good first start.

Striking up a conversation can be fairly easy. In the library, that girl that you see all the time, " Excuse me, but I think I forgot my pencil, do you happen to have a spare?" See where it goes from there. She may be a snotty girl that you would want nothing to do with anyway.

Or, she may say either " yes" or " no" and then you can introduce yourself with a smile. Who knows, kid. She may have noticed you, too. There are socially awkward girls out there too. Especially geeky ones whose company you'd likely enjoy the most. I was one of those girls up until I was about fifteen.

If you use some cheesy pickup line, you are going to get a reputation that you don't want. I know girls pretty well. Especially mean ones.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:17 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
The problem with that is yes ALOT of men can interact with women but don't know HOW to interact with women

You can interact and speak to them all day long mate but if you're not saying the right things and above all in the right way then you're wasting your time mate

( not you but in general )
Before all my drama (won't get into it because you already know LC) happened I can talk to women easily. But it was difficult to find one who was single since most women already have someone. Finding women who weren't taken: that was my issue.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:20 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
If you get maced by a girl for approaching her, you've either done something very threatening or creepy, so bad that you should probably be smart enough to realize what you did.

Or you were unfortunate and were extremely unlucky. That's assuming it happened to you once. If it's happening more than once, it's obviously more than bad luck and it's probably more than bad luck if it even happens to you once.

I've approached women and the worst thing that's happened is I've been completely ignored or they were snotty and rude. And even the ones that were snotty and rude were very few and far between. Even the girls that didn't like me, were at least polite initially.
I've said that because sometimes you encounter stuck up b-- attitudes that threatens what I wrote even if you just say "Hello" to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships