Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 06:48 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,270,982 times

Advertisements

ya oh well, it is what it is, life is not meant to be a justice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,415,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady To Gronk View Post
I'd sure like to know where this is, because I don't see that anywhere.
Lol, same over here to be honest.

At least in my experience, if I don't approach, nothing is going to happen.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,323,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Lol, same over here to be honest.

At least in my experience, if I don't approach, nothing is going to happen.
100% agreed I think every man can agree to this. I know some women on here will say "I approach men all the time!" Congrats you're in the minority of women who do it.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:28 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,885,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
She's right because it's happened to me before.
Yes, you've posted this quite often, so it must be true for you. Women approach you, and you don't care for that, you think it means they're slutty, because they must do that to all the guys if they're doing that to you. I just read your comment about this the other day.

Quote:
100% agreed I think every man can agree to this. I know some women on here will say "I approach men all the time!" Congrats you're in the minority of women who do it.
Will you just make up your mind for chrissakes? Or do only a small minority of women approach, and the guy they approach is you?!

Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,323,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes, you've posted this quite often, so it must be true for you. Women approach you, and you don't care for that, you think it means they're slutty, because they must do that to all the guys if they're doing that to you. I just read your comment about this the other day.

Will you just make up your mind for chrissakes? Or do only a small minority of women approach, and the guy they approach is you?!

I've dated two women who approached me in the past. Read carefully, I won't repeat myself again. As of now, I started to enjoy making the first move and didn't go out with women who showed interest first because I am not attracted to those women. So I have to do it. My mind is made up and this is how it will be. Sound clear enough for you?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:50 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,885,788 times
Quote:
I've dated two women who approached me in the past. Read carefully, I won't repeat myself again. As of now, I started to enjoy making the first move and didn't go out with women who showed interest first because I am not attracted to those women. So I have to do it. My mind is made up and this is how it will be. Sound clear enough for you?
Clear as mud, but you do you, we wouldn't have it any other way

Old 02-14-2017, 09:03 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,970,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
Women often complain that men are too afraid to approach to conversate, i know it's traditional for men to break the ice at first but why won't women do the same?
Because we don't want to get the stuffing beaten out of us when his woman comes back from the ladies' room.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:04 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,592,207 times
my thinking on this has changed some during reading this whole thread.

some of the women here have eloquently argued the counter-point and i repped them up as much as c-d would allow; however, i feel that although more women than i originally believed have the balls to approach men, the counter-point implies too much hyperbole -- i dont think its close to parity.

i think our societal gender roles are still fairly old school. if there was a party of 100 males and 100 females i think that 66 - 75 men would get a few of the womens contact info and only about 25 - 33 of the women would get 1 or 2 of the mens contact (a lot of people are too shy and would leave empty handed even after talking to someone most of the night -- i've been there).

this valentines day, i assume its mostly men who are ordering roses/ making dinner reservations/ buying chocolate/ taking her to see her favorite musician/ ... societal gender roles dictates that this is a mans job. i personally would love to take a day off and have my woman plan the date.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,934,214 times
While I've only been approached by barely a handful of girls (and a few others who I knew already, who pursued me as more than a friend/acquaintance), there have probably been plenty more, who I wasn't even aware of. Sometimes girls approach and you don't even realize it. When I lived in Imperial Beach, California, I used to frequent a quickie mart up the street. The girl at the register used to flirt with me mildly. I didn't even really think it was flirting at the time and even if I did, she flirted with a lot of guys that came in there, so it seemed. She had a great and outgoing personality, the polar opposite of me.

After I moved 100 miles up the road, my roommates had went down there one day and went to the store and she was working. They asked her if I moved with them also or if I was still in the area. They told her I had gone with them and she told them she really liked me and even said something like "What I would have done to him!". I thought they were joking at first or even making up the entire encounter. After they mentioned an joking exchange between us that she told them, that they didn't know about from me, I figured they were telling the truth. In the end, it didn't matter. I think this girl had a boyfriend/fiancé, who was a frequent vacationer of state or county correctional facilities, due to hard drug usage and she just wanted some company and some service calls. So it was whatever, but I always wondered how many other signs I had missed up to that point and from how many other girls before that.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:15 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,270,982 times
ya, times like this make me really feel like punching a guy in the face for telling me to Man Up or grow a pair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships