Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 12:41 PM

29 posts, read 27,697 times

Advertisements

So this girl that I have been seeing the last couple of months I think "friend zoned" me. And I do not know if my approach was the correct approach. She was so wishy washy when she said it.

Background: Her and I have been on about 5-6 dates. And the most we have done is kissed each other. This past weekend, I was hoping to escalate it to more than kissing and more intimate, which in the end landed me getting friend zoned. Her and I went to a college campus for Halloween and I got us a hotel room. When we got back, she said she doesn't want to take it any farther right now because she has trouble trusting people and just got out of a two year relationship like 4-5months ago. She said she still wouldn't mind kissing if I wanted to and still wants to hangout with me but as friends until more trust builds. I just said "okay" and went to sleep.

The next day she texted me asking about homework in a class and I answered. I then sent another text basically saying "I am not interested in being just friends, I have out other girls on the back burner for her, and I can not continue hanging out with her outside of class and if she changes her mind, depending where I am at to get a hold of me." (This is the Coach Corey Wayne Approach) She responded saying "So you don't want to hangout with me as a person?" And I said "Not unless it is something more." And the convo ended in her saying "If that's what you want." The only problem is, I see her twice a week in class and one of the days I am her lab partner.

This all went down yesterday and today I saw her in class and she sat next to me like normal and was engaging conversation in me and kept trying to force convo. (Almost acting like nothing has changed but she was talking a lot more than normal)

So basically, do you think I did the right thing when she said she wants to be friends? She said she still wants to hangout with me and kiss "if I (as in me) want to" so does that mean I am still friend zoned? I clearly like her, just don't know if what I did was the right thing to this situation. What do you all think?

Thanks

Ps: I am usually pretty good at reading a woman's attraction level. She would flirt, hit me up to do something occasionally, say like she knew she had a good feeling for a reason when she met me, etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 12:46 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpt10 View Post
(This is the Coach Corey Wayne Approach)
Good god. Is that what this is? Promoting some dude that wants to call himself a coach?

Old 10-31-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Good god. Is that what this is? Promoting some dude that wants to call himself a coach?
So what would you say

Old 10-31-2016, 12:48 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
If your goal was to demonstrate that you are a petulant boy by basically throwing a tantrum when she expressed her desire to take things slow, then yes. You absolutely gave the correct response!

If you're so good at "reading a woman's attraction level," then why on earth did you shut her down? I'm sorry she didn't jump into bed with you, but she didn't friendzone you...you did that to yourself.

--Dim

Old 10-31-2016, 12:49 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpt10 View Post
So what would you say
Say about what? You said what you said. The end. There is no damn point in asking if it was the right thing to do, you did it.

It was clear from your last thread on her she wasn't interested, but you kept wanting to push it. That's all your choice.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:49 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
If all you wanted was to sleep with her, then yes, you did act appropriately.

So did she...

Old 10-31-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
If all you wanted was to sleep with her, then yes, you did act appropriately.

So did she...
We have had like 5-6 dates, not once to I pressure sex on her so that is not what I wanted alone

Old 10-31-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
If your goal was to demonstrate that you are a petulant boy by basically throwing a tantrum when she expressed her desire to take things slow, then yes. You absolutely gave the correct response!

If you're so good at "reading a woman's attraction level," then why on earth did you shut her down? I'm sorry she didn't jump into bed with you, but she didn't friendzone you...you did that to yourself.

--Dim
I didn't want to come off as a tantrum. I figured by saying "just friends" that she was friend zoning me. And once you are there, there's no way out right?

Old 10-31-2016, 01:00 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Dude, you're trying to go from Step 1 to Step 5, and it just doesn't work that way.

She told you she got out of a relationship, she's still pining for her ex, believe me! You got a room but did not have sex, am I correct? She wants to take it slow, so respect her wishes and take it slow! I like Coach Corey Wayne, but his is more about getting a woman in bed - fast! And that's fine if you want a FWB situation.

But if you want an actual relationship, you have to slow down, son! Keep trying to entice her aggressively and she's gonna rabbit on you! Just be that guy to help her build trust.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:03 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post

--Dim
Seriously. Way to slam a door on what might have been a good thing down the road.

And the Coach Corey Wayne Approach??
Really?

I would refuse to even speak to you just because of that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships