Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Most guys probably won't go on another date with a girl who questioned their sexuality during the first few dates.
Well, I wouldn't mind if she asked me after like a few dates. First date, though? I'd think it'd be weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Ok, well if I'm really into the guy, I'll consider not asking...but otherwise, I'll still ask.
Well, hey, there's a compromise.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:32 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Yeah, I would just ask if he's into men also. I have gone out with guys that seemed a bit gay to me too and I have asked the question. They obviously don't have to tell the truth about it but I still ask. I understand if it's something the OP can't get past though if she's just into a different type of guy.
How in the world does someone "seem gay"?

Old 11-03-2016, 04:34 PM
SQL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Well, I wouldn't mind if she asked me after like a few dates or so. First date, though? I'd think it'd be weird.
Framing of the question would be crucial.

I've played "Never Have I Ever..." with a group of friends. It's a drinking game where you say something that you've never done (usually sexually) and a person will drink if they've done it before. It's fun, innocent enough, and an interesting way to learn about your friends' sexual exploits.

If you've reached a point where you're having a little fun, like in that game, I think you can get by with finding out if there has ever been some "experimentation" in your SO's past. My GF, without provocation, has told me that she has made out and had oral sex with one of her close female friends in the past when they were drunk. It's not something we've ever asked one another though.

But yeah. On the first date, if a girl asks me directly if I've ever slept with guys or preferred guys sexually, I'd be kind of turned off at that moment.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
How in the world does someone "seem gay"?
I just got a vibe that maybe they enjoyed sex with other men. It happens.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:37 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Reminds me of this scene...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XvSCqBpNQL8

Is your masculine side as highly evolved as his feminine side?
This is exactly what came to my mind as well!

Old 11-03-2016, 04:39 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
No one has ever seemed to take offense to it. I can easily work "Are you into men?" into a normal conversation.
At that moment, it ceases to be a normal conversation.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:40 PM
SQL

Quote:
I just got a vibe that maybe they enjoyed sex with other men. It happens.
And you don't see how that would be offensive to said guys, particularly if they are straight?

Old 11-03-2016, 04:41 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
And you don't see how that would be offensive to said guys, particularly if they are straight?
But it's not like I told them that I'm getting a vibe that they might be into other men. And honestly, I believe that when I got the vibe, I was right.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:43 PM
SQL

Quote:
But it's not like I told them that I'm getting a vibe that they might be into other men. And honestly, I believe that when I got the vibe, I was right.
It's implied when you bluntly ask them if they've slept with men.

You are amusing, whether it's intentional or not, I'll give you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships