Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:43 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Confidence is a plus! Let it out and show your picture.

Don't be ashamed for who you are. Somebody will be scanning the profiles and find you attractive. To be honest though use a recent picture with low lighting.

Anyways, every ad I see when someone is selling something has a picture. The ones that don't I hardly take the time to read the ad. So put a picture up and be strong!!

As for someone seeing your ad and calling you out that they saw it just say, 'Yeah?! (Like so what!) response.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:53 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
No, can't think of a single person that doesn't use it.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:14 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, can't think of a single person that doesn't use it.
You can now mate

( good to see ya Tim )

Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 AM

251 posts, read 188,542 times
Wow, a lot of replies here, thanks! I finished my profile last night and was up way too late looking at profiles and messaging a few men. I'm still a little embarrassed but I'm going for it. So what, I'm lonely and looking for someone to have a beer with on a Saturday night, big deal. I put a very recent picture up so no one can say I tricked them. I'm interested to see if any of this leads to an actual date with a decent guy. I'm caustically optimistic at this point. It's fun looking anyway.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:27 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl7 View Post
Wow, a lot of replies here, thanks! I finished my profile last night and was up way too late looking at profiles and messaging a few men. I'm still a little embarrassed but I'm going for it. So what, I'm lonely and looking for someone to have a beer with on a Saturday night, big deal. I put a very recent picture up so no one can say I tricked them. I'm interested to see if any of this leads to an actual date with a decent guy. I'm caustically optimistic at this point. It's fun looking anyway.
Sounds good so far so I'm sure you'll be fine

Old 11-30-2016, 06:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
That's cool! Good for you!!

Hopefully you will get someone to send you a message.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:48 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
I'm not embarrassed to tell most people I met my boyfriend on Match: friends, coworkers, relatives my age or younger. Plenty of people use online dating and that stigma of years ago is just a memory. However, I'm a little embarrassed to tell older relatives of mine. Mostly because they don't get it and think online dating is full of predators, people looking for easy sex, criminals and con artists, or something. It's just not worth it to tell them (if you know what I mean).

One thing I will warn you about. Online dating isn't easy for most people and it will be a lot of work if you want to find someone... even if you are a young woman (don't buy into the women have it easy myth or else you will find yourself wondering what's wrong with you.) It took me almost two years to find my boyfriend. He's wonderful and we are a great match for each other. But it took two years and a lot of trial and error. If things aren't great at first, remember, nothing is wrong with you. Google some blogs and articles written by other women about their experiences. And good luck!

Old 11-30-2016, 07:29 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
I'm lonely and looking for someone to have a beer with on a Saturday night, big deal.
However simple this seems... it is 3 or 4 steps down the line.

Quote:
I'm interested to see if any of this leads to an actual date with a decent guy.
It should. But before the date you have to MEET and based on THAT see if you want more with them.

So... pick a place that you KNOW well and in a neighborhood that you know well.
Coffee and pie (like a Panera) is a better choice than a bar.

Maybe choose the part of town where you used to live or work in...
but NOT near where you currently live and shop and all that.
---

The cold hard truth is that few "messages" will gel into a meet.
And rather few of these meets will result in the sort of "date" that leads to more.

But all of these are still a better choice than staying online in email and chat...
and not making the time to promptly meet someone who seems to fit.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:39 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
There's one man whose profile states "I'll lie about where we met"
Guess we know what his opinion is.
I've read a few women's profiles that state the exact same thing. I'm in a more rural area, so I do recognize people in person that I've seen online or event talked to, but never met. There's still that stigma, but it exist more with the people that didn't ever need online dating to get a date.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:49 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
I probably met 100 men, if not more, over the course of two years in the online dating scene. A lot of them were cool and interesting people. I'm still friends with several. I dated casually for a portion of that time, numerous one-and-done dates, a few I dated for a brief period of time, a 9 month relationship, a 6 month relationship, and the last gentleman who caught my fancy, I married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships