Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 10:15 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times

Advertisements

Yes!
He made a date with you for Wednesday and you don't hear from him? He's a goner. Lose his number!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 10:38 AM

602 posts, read 396,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Yeah... I wouldn't bother responding. If he had contacted you on Wednesday to cancel the date, fair enough. If he had contacted you on Saturday with a GOOD explanation as to why he stood you up on Wednesday (e.g. he was run over and had been in a coma or something), OK. But a lame "hey"? Nah.
Find somebody who is more excited to see you, somebody who is more reliable and respectful of your time.
nope, that doesn't fly either. Unless he was knocked unconscious Tuesday night and didn't wake up til Saturday, there is zero reason he couldn't have texted her the next day if something emergent truly did come up.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:51 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Most everyone. Especially first/early dates. It's uncommon to do that on a Friday or Saturday.
Right. Nationwide, "everyone" makes a first date for a Wednesday. Only rarely does anyone make a first date for a weekend evening. How foolish of me to think otherwise. Wednesday is National First Date Night. I missed the memo.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right. Nationwide, "everyone" makes a first date for a Wednesday. Only rarely does anyone make a first date for a weekend evening. How foolish of me to think otherwise. Wednesday is National First Date Night. I missed the memo.
People make them for every day of the week, not only Wednesdays. Stop being obtuse.

And yes, its less common to do first dates on Friday/Saturdays in general. It's a big date night, generally not first dates. Unless you meet early with a cut off, say 7-8 and move on, but that's not ideal for most people.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've heard the logic be that people do this because they don't want to have wasted a Friday/Saturday night on what could be a bad date. Dumb IMO, because you could just as easily have a crappy Friday/Saturday regardless of what you're doing. And what if you have a good Wednesday night date? Now you have to end early because you have work the next day.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
I've heard the logic be that people do this because they don't want to have wasted a Friday/Saturday night on what could be a bad date. Dumb IMO, because you could just as easily have a crappy Friday/Saturday regardless of what you're doing. And what if you have a good Wednesday night date? Now you have to end early because you have work the next day.
If you're doing a Friday/Saturday night date with someone, you pretty much know its going to be good. Or its a time you hang out with friends.

It's not like first dates on Fri/Sat don't happen, people just hedge the bets a little, and have backup plans. If it goes super well you alter those. If it doesn't, you have it set up so you move on to something fun.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
If you're doing a Friday/Saturday night date with someone, you pretty much know its going to be good. Or its a time you hang out with friends.

It's not like first dates on Fri/Sat don't happen, people just hedge the bets a little, and have backup plans. If it goes super well you alter those. If it doesn't, you have it set up so you move on to something fun.

is it really that important to be fully booked up for every spare hour of your life? Does it really hurt people that much to have a crappy date, go home, and relax? Can no one spend a quiet evening at home anymore?

No wonder people are so flaky these days...

Old 12-22-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
is it really that important to be fully booked up for every spare hour of your life? Does it really hurt people that much to have a crappy date, go home, and relax? Can no one spend a quiet evening at home anymore?

No wonder people are so flaky these days...
Sure, people spend quite worknights at home frequently.

I don't know many people that willingly stay home weekend nights very often. There are dates, friends, bands, events, there is too much to see and do. People don't want to waste Fri/Sat nights generally, unless they're getting up early to do something, which happens with hikers/skiers, etc.

And of course, this time of year is extra crazy with holiday stuff.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:13 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valene92 View Post
So this guy in my school approached me and told me he has liked me the whole semester 4 months,we talked for 30 minutes he told me thinks we have an amazing chemistry. We exchanged contact numbers last monday we agreed to go on a date on wednesday, he asked for my address i gave it to him. Wednesday came and he never contacted me. Four days later he messages me on saturday night at 8pm just saying "hey" and that was that i didnt bother to respond. Should i drop him? Is he playing games?
Personally I'd text back " Hey I'm fine and and feeling frisky.... if you fancy it meet me at so and so place! ".

If he wants to waste my time I'll waste his

Old 12-22-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Sure, people spend quite worknights at home frequently.

I don't know many people that willingly stay home weekend nights very often. There are dates, friends, bands, events, there is too much to see and do. People don't want to waste Fri/Sat nights generally, unless they're getting up early to do something, which happens with hikers/skiers, etc.

And of course, this time of year is extra crazy with holiday stuff.
I do like going out, but since I have my boy part of the weekend, I'm really only free Saturday night and Sunday day/night. And I like getting my drink on and/or hanging out with friends on the weekend, but I get tired of people and need "me" time - time I don't get that much of during the week. Maybe I'm weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships