Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 12:21 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,279,709 times

Advertisements

*Update*
So I didn't say anything to her. Her ex is back in town and they've been hanging out a little(giving her rides, etc). Apparently she's trying to get over him(still has feelings for him), but they hang out? She doesn't talk about him to me(she talks to the other roommate about him) and it seems like she doesn't want any contact between her ex and I(when he knocks on the door to pick her up, she doesn't want me personally to answer it) but I've met him before when she first moved in. I dunno, I'm confused and hating the fact that I fell for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 01:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
*Update*
So I didn't say anything to her. Her ex is back in town and they've been hanging out a little(giving her rides, etc). Apparently she's trying to get over him(still has feelings for him), but they hang out? She doesn't talk about him to me(she talks to the other roommate about him) and it seems like she doesn't want any contact between her ex and I(when he knocks on the door to pick her up, she doesn't want me personally to answer it) but I've met him before when she first moved in. I dunno, I'm confused and hating the fact that I fell for her.
Ugh. Yeah, it sounds like she is still into him and may want to be with him. The fact that she is keeping you separate may mean that she has you on a back burner but doesn't want the idea/presence of you to screw up any potential reunion with her ex. Or she may not like you that way but her ex is just a jealous **** and she is trying to ward off any confrontations.

If she really were trying to get over him I would think she would limit contact.

Sorry, man. Unrequited love/lust is torture.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:37 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I feel for you, your situation sounds like torture. I couldn't deal with it, I'd probably have to move out.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:38 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Ugh. Yeah, it sounds like she is still into him and may want to be with him. The fact that she is keeping you separate may mean that she has you on a back burner but doesn't want the idea/presence of you to screw up any potential reunion with her ex. Or she may not like you that way but her ex is just a jealous **** and she is trying to ward off any confrontations.

If she really were trying to get over him I would think she would limit contact.

Agree. That's my take on it too.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:01 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,279,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

I've met him and he doesn't seem like the jealous type at all. Really nice guy. For whatever reason,she seems to get edgy when there may be potential for me and her ex(or any guy for that matter) to come in contact with each other.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:12 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I've met him and he doesn't seem like the jealous type at all. Really nice guy. For whatever reason,she seems to get edgy when there may be potential for me and her ex(or any guy for that matter) to come in contact with each other.
Odd. Sounds like she may be hiding something

Ask the guy out for coffee!!

Old 01-14-2017, 06:49 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Take her out on a date...but don't call it a date; someplace that's not expensive but you have to dress up a little.

Afterwards, find a park/arboretum where you can walk and talk. In a smooth manner, reach for her hand. Holding hands is intimate but not particularly forceful. I've never been with a woman (physical/relationship) that was uncomfortable when I held her hands and smiled.

When you get home, tell her you had a great time and kiss her forehead. She'll think you're going for a lip kiss, but a forehead kiss conveys so much. Her reaction to hand holding and the kiss will let you know where you stand.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:55 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Didn't read the whole thread.

So, her not wanting you to meet him tells me: that she's probably having sex with him but it doesn't mean she's getting back together with him. You have to shoot your shot. Don't talk to her about him...just be the best version of you that you can.

You can also bring home some girls from the bar/club. Bring home girls that you'd date casually but not the kind you'll fall for completely. Your roommate thinks highly of you. If she sees you with crappy but attractive girls, she'll get jealous and tell you that "you can do so much better." You want her to realize that other women desire you and that you won't always be available if she doesn't give you a chance.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
You can also bring home some girls from the bar/club. Bring home girls that you'd date casually but not the kind you'll fall for completely. Your roommate thinks highly of you. If she sees you with crappy but attractive girls, she'll get jealous and tell you that "you can do so much better." You want her to realize that other women desire you and that you won't always be available if she doesn't give you a chance.
Effing brilliant. ^^^

If she is playing around, OP, and trying to have her cake and eat it too, which I suspect she is, then this will totally call her bluff.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:42 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Didn't read the whole thread.

So, her not wanting you to meet him tells me: that she's probably having sex with him but it doesn't mean she's getting back together with him. You have to shoot your shot. Don't talk to her about him...just be the best version of you that you can.

I loved your first paragraph and hated the second.

if he is interested in bar girls, then that tells her something which is not conducive to him ever getting to date her. Very good call on the first one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships