Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: rejector or rejectee
rejector 24 61.54%
rejectee 15 38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:46 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,357,689 times

Advertisements

If we've only been on a few dates and I can just text her or ghost her, then the rejector. But if I have to do it face to face and she really likes me, I am a coward. Its like I literally freeze up and can't get the words out of my mouth. I still feel guilty and bad about breaking the last girls heart. She wanted to marry me and it was tough. It also depends on how much I like the girl. I've never been in love, so being rejected isn't so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 10:19 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
The rejectee. I can handle being rejected WAYYYYY more than I can telling someone I don't want to see them again. Like I literally get sick to my stomach when I know I have to have that conversation. I much rather be dumped, it's much easier for me.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:14 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Either way, it hurts.
I've been the rejectee and been hurt; I've been the rejector and hurt for the person I was letting go.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:47 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Rejectee-someone who gets rejected by people
rejector-someone who does the rejecting

If you would've asked me this before today, I would have preferred to be the rejector. It's easy, concise, and your feelings won't get hurt. But as of right now, I much rather be the rejectee...

There's a woman who is trying to pursue me for the second time in three years. The first time she tried to pursue me, I came off being rude and I ended up hurting her. She's a nice woman but I was not attracted to her at all. So I told her that I didn't want a relationship with her but I'm open to a friends with benefit ordeal. ( I wasn't trying to be rude but I thought she would be open to that idea) However, she got extremely offended and she told me that I made her uncomfortable, so we went our separate ways.

I recently reunited with her two months ago at church. During that time, we had very short and awkward conversations, and I even helped her with a play that she put on last week. A few days ago, she called me out of the blue. The conversation was long and lengthy but it was a good chat. Today however, she texted me that "one day she wishes that we can be more than friends." Right then and there, I knew I had to let her down gently. I do have a HUGE problem--I don't communicate well and effectively. In fact, when I have to reject a woman, I usually do it in a cowardly way-by going ghost.

Today I took a huge step. I called her and told her that, "I'm not interested in being more than friends; rather, being just friends. Would you be ok with that?" Short, honest, and concise.

I've been the rejector more than the rejectee, but when someone rejected me, they usually went ghost. I didn't really realize how hard it is to have the balls to have a straight and honest conversation with the other person. (i know, it's pathetic) When I went ghost on someone, I thought I did it so they would get the "hint" and I'm doing them a "favor" by letting them down gently--but that wasn't the case at all. I went ghost because it was easier for me to do; rather than me having the "courage" to tell someone that I wasn't interested in them in the most polite way.

Please feel free to share your stories!
You've been the Rejector most of the time? Weird since almost always, women are on the receiving end of getting attention from guys

Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times
I'd rather be rejected. I'm too confident in my gifts to consider it any kind of loss, and I'm always able to convince myself that we most likely weren't compatible anyway.

Rejecting someone else is always a little painful for me, though. So much so that I've sometimes said "yes " when I really wasn't interested.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:55 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
My answer is it depends on the person. Brad Pitt like, I would rather be rejected. At least I know It was worthwhile to take my chance. Some others, I rather reject them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships