Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:59 PM

5 posts, read 2,376 times

Advertisements

I dated this girl in the past for some months, after the breakup we did no contact for about 2 weeks before she contacted me , I didn't reply, and eventually 3 weeks after no contact she deleted me from all social media.I panicked and messaged her that I missed her, but she didn't reply. Then, some time after I messaged her my final message telling her I appreciated our time together, I told her I was proud of her, and told her that after no contact I had realized how much I truly cared about her. The reason for the breakup had to do with me distracting her from her studies. She saw my message, but didn't reply. We stopped talking for several months. I tried dating, but I just wasn't interested nor happy. I realized how happy I was with this girl compared to other relationships I've been in, including a 2 year long one. I wanted to message my ex to see if there is still anything there. I was thinking of messaging her and telling her I'd been thinking of her recently, and wanted to see if she wanted to grab coffee or lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 03:05 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Sever all ties, lose her number/social media contact info and move on.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:19 PM

Why do you think it would better to move on completely? I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever advice to go for it.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It sounds like a case of wanting what you can't have.

It's been a history of starting and stopping, mostly stopping. Get off that merry-go-round and look for something more stable.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Is there anytime when this might be a good thing? I mean everyone is always like ,follow what your guts and heart tells you.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:27 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutax View Post
Why do you think it would better to move on completely? I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever advice to go for it.
"Go for" what?

There doesn't seem to be anything there to go for. She seems like she's moved on, and you probably should as well.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
"Go for" what?

There doesn't seem to be anything there to go for. She seems like she's moved on, and you probably should as well.
Yep.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:35 PM

So possibly starting a new fresh relationship with an ex never works ? I don't know if she's moved on, maybe she has, maybe she hasn't, but how will I know for sure?

Old 02-04-2017, 05:03 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Message? How hard is to call and actually like, you know, speak to this woman?

Old 02-04-2017, 05:14 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutax View Post
I dated this girl in the past for some months, after the breakup we did no contact for about 2 weeks before she contacted me , I didn't reply, and eventually 3 weeks after no contact she deleted me from all social media.I panicked and messaged her that I missed her, but she didn't reply. Then, some time after I messaged her my final message telling her I appreciated our time together, I told her I was proud of her, and told her that after no contact I had realized how much I truly cared about her. The reason for the breakup had to do with me distracting her from her studies. She saw my message, but didn't reply. We stopped talking for several months. I tried dating, but I just wasn't interested nor happy. I realized how happy I was with this girl compared to other relationships I've been in, including a 2 year long one. I wanted to message my ex to see if there is still anything there. I was thinking of messaging her and telling her I'd been thinking of her recently, and wanted to see if she wanted to grab coffee or lunch.
Mate you've let her know exactly how you feel and she's had plenty of opportunities to contact you back.

Take the hint please and move on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships