Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:29 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,521,082 times

Advertisements

^Don't people teach guys how to talk to girls anymore? I mean, like a human being...then it would be easier to see if they like you. I don't get what's so hard about that. Certainly less weird than just staring at someone repeatedly. I don't know how to do the 'flirting' thing from across the room or whatever, when someone hasn't talked to me...It just seems weird and creepy to smile at guys that I don't know. But if someone actually talks to me, I'm pretty good at flirting and having a decent conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 05:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,840,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
100% of the time IME, it means they are not single, but find you attractive.
Or they just want to keep their jobs and reputation at work.

Approaching a woman in your workplace is risky.

a. You get shot down, she goes and tells everyone about it.
b. You don't, and now you have to manage a workplace romance

It takes a lot of obvious mutual interest for that to work. If OP is walking by and not even making eye contact or smiling at the other person, it's never going to happen.

Last edited by le roi; 02-13-2017 at 05:13 AM..

Old 02-13-2017, 07:09 AM

11,039 posts, read 4,477,079 times
Also I think females are very deluded if they think males stare at them for the reason of wanting relationship/romance....
People stare at all kinds of things, and its often a reflex action.
I think the odds of a male staring at a female for the purpose of starting a relationship, is very unlikely.
The stare is more likely to be meaningless.
And most sane people would not start a relationship based merely on a person's appearance anyway.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:01 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,349,687 times
Also, I would not date any woman that I work with no exceptions. Nothing to do with being scared but no woman is worth my job or income.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM

52,473 posts, read 53,034,356 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (reply to posts which have been deleted).

Either way, the thread premise is sorta been done to death and a little common sense can give us a few reasons why guys she works with might be reluctant to approach. The obvious is some work places can be really strict about it, less obvious is what do you do if things end badly between them, I mean, you still have to go to work and face them. Another is that approaching women for some men is tough, and if she's a hottie it makes it harder for some men. These are just a few right off the top of my head, I'm sure I could probably dig out some more if I cared to think more about it.

I wish the OP the best, I have no ill will for her and hope her romance troubles go away.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 02-13-2017, 01:52 PM

602 posts, read 398,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
[snip]

Either way, the thread premise is sorta been done to death and a little common sense can give us a few reasons why guys she works with might be reluctant to approach. The obvious is some work places can be really strict about it, less obvious is what do you do if things end badly between them, I mean, you still have to go to work and face them. Another is that approaching women for some men is tough, and if she's a hottie it makes it harder for some men. These are just a few right off the top of my head, I'm sure I could probably dig out some more if I cared to think more about it.

I wish the OP the best, I have no ill will for her and hope her romance troubles go away.
LMAO! Agree 100% and I'd rep you but I can't.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-15-2017 at 09:25 AM..

Old 02-13-2017, 02:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,349,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
IDK why it's a problem for people to say that they notice members of the opposite sex checking them out.
It might come off as arrogance or being conceited.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:07 PM

599 posts, read 696,308 times
I wasn't bragging for the record. Just was trying to deal with intrusive staring

Old 02-14-2017, 05:42 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
I wasn't bragging for the record. Just was trying to deal with intrusive staring
I understand, but a lot of people don't have that and they want that so they think that what you are getting is a good thing. They don't think about the disadvantages of some "perceived advantages".

Old 02-14-2017, 08:00 PM

708 posts, read 828,218 times
Sometimes I like what I see...and that's as far as it goes. It doesn't mean because a guy looks you in the eye, stares or checks you out that he will approach. Sometimes simply admiring without intent is nice.

Ive approached many women before so don't have a problem doing that (I no longer do it nowadays though, too risky), but quite often I see an attractive girl and look at her but it ends there.

It's also unwise to do at work, kind of like eating your own doughnut supplies in the bakery you own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships