Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,544,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
But how can you even tell if people are staring at you?
You'd have to look at their eyes to see whether their eyes are directed at you, and that would require you to stare at them.
So maybe the solution is don't stare at other people's faces.
When I'm in public I'd have no idea who is staring at me, because I don't survey the room to see where each person is looking.....
Granted but if you catch someone looking at you especially more than once then naturally you suddenly pay more attention to them and you'll notice either subtle or blatant looks/stares a lot more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 08:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Granted but if you catch someone looking at you especially more than once then naturally you suddenly pay more attention to them and you'll notice either subtle or blatant looks/stares a lot more
Especially if they have piercing eyes.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:53 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,463,585 times
- They don't feel welcome (numerous reasons apply)
- They don't want anything (else) from you
- They don't want to mix business and pleasure

You can appreciate without wanting to be involved in any meaningful way. Sometimes a look is just to look

Old 02-16-2017, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Especially if they have piercing eyes.
Oh absolutely

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

Old 02-16-2017, 02:50 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,739,557 times
OP, Ordinarily, I would say, you need to get his attention, but this seems to have happened. So, my own experience is that, if his shyness is the problem and you want more than looks, you have to approach him.The easiest way to do this is walk up to his desk, your purse in hand, and say something like "let's go out and get a cup of coffee". If that doesn't break the ice, then nothing will with this guy.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:06 AM

10,819 posts, read 4,372,850 times
^ Plus he might not want to date her. Looking at someone is a mutually exclusive act, until proven otherwise.
Some people hate dating, or don't want a relationship, but they still look at people.
Some people even go further and flirt, just for kicks, without the intention of dating etc.

Old 02-16-2017, 11:15 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,316,475 times
I look at like this:

1. Woman is gorgeous, has a nice body, but acts rude when you say hi.
2. Woman is gorgeous, is really nice, but doesn't want to date.
3. Woman isn't gorgeous, but she's cute and has a positive personality and actually shows interest when you talk to her.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know most men are going for woman number three.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:26 PM

431 posts, read 352,912 times
To the OP:

You are probably attractive and dress nicely.

From the guy's perspective, he has to tread lightly because he knows that if you find him attractive then great, but if you don't, he is setting himself up for a harassment accusation and could lose his job.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 AM

599 posts, read 694,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Hahaha that's my jam

Old 02-17-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackopotamus View Post
To the OP:

You are probably attractive and dress nicely.

From the guy's perspective, he has to tread lightly because he knows that if you find him attractive then great, but if you don't, he is setting himself up for a harassment accusation and could lose his job.
I'm sure ^^^^ is just worse case scenario mate

But that's why as a bloke just by being humorous, engaging, polite etc and you'll see by her reaction and manner if she's interested or not just by how she's responding to you and should KNOW whether to proceed.

You don't necessarily have to be full throttle flirty/charming and so on to see if a lady likes you or not and in this particular situation you can't be done for harassment if you've only been polite, civil and haven't tried it on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships