Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 09:10 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
In the movie about Lenny Bruce, there was a scene about this subject from a slightly different angle. The joke was men want a woman who looks incredibly hot, and acts sexy and naughty, but when they marry someone, they don't want "their" wife dressing or acting that way. Totally twisted logic.
Most of the women I know that strip (ok here in NJ mostly bathing suit gogos), are exactly that.... They act all sexy and naughty in the club but outside they are usually quite unassuming...

People tend to forget that it is a job... and their personal lives are not necessarily defined by their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 09:30 PM

247 posts, read 198,056 times
I think exotic dancing unfortunately can limit future job opportunities as in most areas, one needs an adult entertainment license to dance. The paper trail from adult work can follow someone long after they have left the industry and although stripping isn't illegal, it can be considered 'unprofessional conduct' in some higher level jobs that would require state licensing. I don't know how it all works but it is something to consider when taking a higher risk job in the short-term that may affect your life down the road.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:31 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,833 times
I have known and dated strippers before. The ones I have known that I didn't date were mostly gay. Others were drug addicts. Some were actually quite normal. The last one I dated hated stripping, but loved the money. Instead of spending time with me and making us work she was more focused on the money. But she said she wanted to make me happy and wouldn't strip anymore, never happened.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:15 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Most of the women I know that strip (ok here in NJ mostly bathing suit gogos), are exactly that.... They act all sexy and naughty in the club but outside they are usually quite unassuming...

People tend to forget that it is a job... and their personal lives are not necessarily defined by their job.
Perhaps in your area that's true. For the strippers I knew it was a lifestyle, and not a pretty one. The easy money can be addicting. To the point that most of the girls I knew got involved in other, less savory ways of making easy money. Most of them became familiar with jails, hospitals and free health clinics. Definitely not the glamorous Hollywood version of the nice but desperate college girl out to make some fast money to pay for her education, or the single mom raising her kids while remaining true to her values, lol

Old 02-25-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
I think exotic dancing unfortunately can limit future job opportunities as in most areas, one needs an adult entertainment license to dance. The paper trail from adult work can follow someone long after they have left the industry and although stripping isn't illegal, it can be considered 'unprofessional conduct' in some higher level jobs that would require state licensing. I don't know how it all works but it is something to consider when taking a higher risk job in the short-term that may affect your life down the road.
I didn't know this (assuming from your location Canada). This isn't the case (that I'm aware of) in the US. Here in NJ, a girl can dance and still not be old enough to drink. I know bartenders and owners hate this because of the potential for liability but many BYOB clubs welcome that age group.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Perhaps in your area that's true. For the strippers I knew it was a lifestyle, and not a pretty one. The easy money can be addicting. To the point that most of the girls I knew got involved in other, less savory ways of making easy money. Most of them became familiar with jails, hospitals and free health clinics. Definitely not the glamorous Hollywood version of the nice but desperate college girl out to make some fast money to pay for her education, or the single mom raising her kids while remaining true to her values, lol
Well that lifestyle is far from naughty and sexy.. isn't it? Yes.. unfortunately a lot of girls get caught up in that life; it is not uncommon to have a rap sheet. Some get involved with drugs and the wrong group of people. A lot of has to do with the type of clientele the girls are working around...... seedier the club.. the higher the risk. As I said, a lot varies club to club and locale to locale.

On the other side, there (at least in my area and in my circle) of girls working for college, rent, supporting of family, etc.. A lot of them are part-timers; I know dental hygienist, nurses, retail, car sales, tattoo artists, and more.. My circle does have one very obvious commonality.... single mothers.. almost all of them including my previous GF are single mothers... and absent fathers (no not mine but they accepted me eventually). Outside of club, they are very unassuming.. regular people you wouldn't notice.

If you are also implying prostitution, yes... I won't deny that.. I know that side of things very well.... that's a whole different discussion.

Its like any other job that puts you in that environment.... you'll get the full spectrum of cases.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:49 PM

%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I have known and dated strippers before. The ones I have known that I didn't date were mostly gay. Others were drug addicts. Some were actually quite normal. The last one I dated hated stripping, but loved the money. Instead of spending time with me and making us work she was more focused on the money. But she said she wanted to make me happy and wouldn't strip anymore, never happened.
So what's the background for starting this thread? Are you finding yourself in this situation again?

For us, it was normal mundane routine. She had her job(s)... I had mine. She had her expenses and scheduled work to pay for it... sometimes I'd be the one watching her kids. We both partied hard but worked hard too. For her, it was just a job... she made the best of it as she could and in turn actually enjoyed some of it. She refused to ever depend on me for support.... even though I did at times.

If anything being a single mother of two young children is what competed for time spent together. We also had a tight circle of friends (which I was accepted into) that looked out for each other.... I still do... some I've known for almost 20 years now.

Keep in mind, that many career couples go through the same problem.... one or the other (or both) are so career focused that not enough attention is paid towards the relationship.

Last edited by usayit; 02-26-2017 at 12:16 AM..

Old 02-26-2017, 11:53 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,989 times
Quote:
I am curious as to peoples thoughts on this matter. I ask that we keep this professional and no dirty talk. What am I looking for is, if your SO came to you and said they want to be a stripper, aka adult dancer, what would you do and/or say? Assuming you're in a stable relationship and you have been together for a good amount of time.
let her like be as she wants to be and treat her as such. Don't get emotionally invested in such women.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:41 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Its like any other job that puts you in that environment.... you'll get the full spectrum of cases.
But how many jobs put you in 'that environment'? And isn't that sort of the point behind the OPs question?

Old 02-26-2017, 01:31 PM

37,453 posts, read 61,373,044 times
Quote:
I am curious as to peoples thoughts on this matter. I ask that we keep this professional and no dirty talk. What am I looking for is, if your SO came to you and said they want to be a stripper, aka adult dancer, what would you do and/or say? Assuming you're in a stable relationship and you have been together for a good amount of time.
Does your SO have a nice face? A nice body? Sure why not?

That could be fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships