Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:18 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times

Advertisements

Sure, it's possible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It really doesn't matter, though, since he has proven to you through his actions that he doesn't REALLY care about the feelings of the person he is involved with, whether that is you or some other girl.

It sounds like he is a typical immature young person, mostly looking out for his own feelings and following whatever impulse shows up at whatever moment.

If he really was mature for his age or he really did care about you or her, he wouldn't be sending you sexy messages after breaking up, and he wouldn't tell you that he would "catch up at college." As if you'll just be there waiting for him when he finally gets around to you.

Honey, I'm telling you ... try everything you can to forget this guy right now. You have NO IDEA the world that is about to open up for you.

If you can be patient and practice some self-control, you will probably find that you hardly even think about him at all and have met a ton of new people. Hold out for someone who is more considerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 07:14 AM

14 posts, read 6,953 times
So I realize that I made a very dumb mistake. Last night I fake on purpose snap hatred him. I was pretending I was breaking up with this guy that's getting back with his ex. When I sent this he actually responded and said he was glad everything was going well for me. He was glad that we both moved on cause our relationship was immature and not working(because I would never see him cause I had to sneak behind my parents backs). So I sent him back and said yea I regret so much I should have hung out with you. Maybe in the future though. And I asked him how life was going for him and he didn't respond. So to make things worse this morning I asked him if he was coming to class sign up day and he hasn't opened that one yet but I hope he responds positively. I know I need to really move on but I still love him so much. I still cry myself to sleep and wake up crying. It takes everything. I have to not cry in front of people during the day. I'm constantly praying that life kicks in and stresses and he breaks up with this girl and me and him get back together. I still feel like he is the '' one'' because I don't feel like I did with him with anyone else. I just want my man back and this time I want a real relationship with him not a long distance see each other every few months one. I think everyone deserves a second chance. I guess I just got to let his current relationship play out. Hopefully they will be like every other high school relationship and break up after graduation.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:50 AM

I'm telling you ... try everything you can to forget this guy right now. You have NO IDEA the world that is about to open up for you.

If you can be patient and practice some self-control, which includes BLOCKING him ASAP on all forms of social media, you will probably find that you hardly even think about him at all and have met a ton of new people. Hold out for someone who is more considerate.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:59 AM

OK I'l try. It's just so hard. In your experience and from what you have seen how many people actually get back with their ex?

Old 03-07-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryangel707 View Post
OK I'l try. It's just so hard. In your experience and from what you have seen how many people actually get back with their ex?
In my experience, exes are "ex" for a reason.

The BEST thing you can do for yourself is to go no-contact with him. It's hard, but you need to think about yourself for now and not him.

Block his number, and do anything you can to prevent anything about him from popping up in any social media. A scab never heals if you keep picking at it.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
Focus on school. Take relationship things as they come...it doesn't need to be your focus.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:05 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
Shame on you for trying to manipulate him. That disqualifies you from ever having an honest relationship with him in the future.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:10 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
Hard to read.
Paragraphs don't have to be your enemy.

Walk away, it's run its course

Old 03-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Shame on you for trying to manipulate him.
Is that what "fake on purpose snap hatred" is????

Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM

I had read that it was a good way to get an ex back. I read that if you go no contact and then they see that you are happy and moved on they will come back so that what I was trying to do. I haven't moved on though and I don't know if I ever will. he was my only friend and now I have no one but family. I just needed to be able to talk to him again. I regret it now too. I regret this whole thing. I wish I had just stood up to my parents and saw him like a real couple. I wish I had never broken up with him. He even said that had I done those things we would still be together because of how much love was there. We were supposed to be forever. We had already planned our wedding and everything. We already had names picked out for our children. I just want him back so much, I want a new relationship with him the way things should have been and should be. I just want a second chance, everyone deserves at least a second chance. I know that we could and would work if we gave in another try. Our only issue was not seeing each other, that's all we ever fought about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships