Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,763,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryangel707 View Post
I had read that it was a good way to get an ex back. I read that if you go no contact and then they see that you are happy and moved on they will come back so that what I was trying to do. I haven't moved on though and I don't know if I ever will. he was my only friend and now I have no one but family. I just needed to be able to talk to him again. I regret it now too. I regret this whole thing. I wish I had just stood up to my parents and saw him like a real couple. I wish I had never broken up with him. He even said that had I done those things we would still be together because of how much love was there. We were supposed to be forever. We had already planned our wedding and everything. We already had names picked out for our children. I just want him back so much, I want a new relationship with him the way things should have been and should be. I just want a second chance, everyone deserves at least a second chance. I know that we could and would work if we gave in another try. Our only issue was not seeing each other, that's all we ever fought about.
Guess you have learned a few things, eh?

Don't lie
Don't sneak around
Don't act impulsively
Don't manipulate other people.

(Although I daresay you should have learned those things as a small child.)

Is there a reason you are a sophomore in college and haven't made a single friend?

That is where you should be focusing your energies.

P.S. No one "deserves" a second chance. Where did you get THAT from? Some chick flick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 01:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Quote:
I had read that it was a good way to get an ex back. I read that if you go no contact and then they see that you are happy and moved on they will come back so that what I was trying to do.
That's playing games. Don't operate that way. You don't want to be with someone you have to trick into liking you.

Quote:
I haven't moved on though and I don't know if I ever will.
You will. I promise.

Quote:
he was my only friend and now I have no one but family.
Family is good. Family is great right now because you are about to move away from your family, so you should spend as much time with them as you can.

Quote:
I just needed to be able to talk to him again.
That's where that self-control thing I mentioned earlier comes in. He's not in love with you. He's just a habit that you have to break.

Quote:
I regret it now too. I regret this whole thing.
Remember that regret when you think about contacting him again. Don't talk yourself into doing something else stupid.

Quote:
I wish I had just stood up to my parents and saw him like a real couple. I wish I had never broken up with him. He even said that had I done those things we would still be together because of how much love was there. We were supposed to be forever. We had already planned our wedding and everything. We already had names picked out for our children. I just want him back so much, I want a new relationship with him the way things should have been and should be. I just want a second chance, everyone deserves at least a second chance. I know that we could and would work if we gave in another try. Our only issue was not seeing each other, that's all we ever fought about.
You were not in love. You were fantasizing. You have tons of time and will have plenty of chances for all of that ^^^ with a man who actually loves you and cares about you - later, when you've matured.

You still have a TON of growing up to do. Let yourself do it.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:40 PM

14 posts, read 6,995 times
So with all the lessons learned, is it possible that when he starts seeing me on a regular basis in the fall and sees that I've changed and do want to hang out that his feelings will gradually come back? He used to tell me how I was everything he wanted in a woman then I fell in depression and changed quite a bit. Im gonna try to not contact him till the fall so 5 months. Then catch up like he said and become friends again and then sit him down and talk to him.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
So with all the lessons learned, is it possible that when he starts seeing me on a regular basis in the fall and sees that I've changed and do want to hang out that his feelings will gradually come back? He used to tell me how I was everything he wanted in a woman then I fell in depression and changed quite a bit. Im gonna try to not contact him till the fall so 5 months. Then catch up like he said and become friends again and then sit him down and talk to him.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:45 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,735,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

She'll figure it out eventually. It's going to take time for logic to take hold of her heart. That's what makes giving advice to people who are "in love" so frustrating.

Lol

Old 03-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
She'll figure it out eventually. It's going to take time for logic to take hold of her heart. That's what makes giving advice to people who are "in love" so frustrating.

Lol
You're right.

It's just hard to lay it all out there and have the response always be, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, ok, but if I do all that will he want me back?"

Old 03-07-2017, 02:51 PM

14 posts, read 6,995 times
I just don't understand why that wouldn't work though. Wouldn't it be the same as first meeting?

Old 03-07-2017, 02:55 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,618,399 times
I'm so glad I'm not in high school anymore... (and haven't been in ages)...

Old 03-07-2017, 02:56 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,735,116 times
Quote:
I just don't understand why that wouldn't work though. Wouldn't it be the same as first meeting?
Listen, OP, do what you want to do.

To us, it's pointless to keep trying, but you'll have to see it for yourself.

Good luck.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
No. Of course not.

Some lessons have to be learned the hard way, I guess. But we've already told you what you SHOULD do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships