Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 05:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
She either wants your attention or is not liking the moobs you're developing.
**snort** literally LOLd

Old 03-05-2017, 05:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
How often do you play?

Assuming it's not every night and it's not infringing on your activities together ask her politely to stop the remarks and to mind her own

Im sure she's not worth dumping over a silly thing like that mate
I keep an appropriate balance when I play my PS4 it's mainly my destressor after a long day of school and work. I can only play for a few hours before clocking back in, homework, or I have to walk my dogs. However, if a woman judges me for that then she's not the one for me at all. I wouldn't be with a woman who tried to stop me from doing something I liked because she doesn't like it. I deem her incompatible with me and I move on. FYI, I'm not a gamer who would turn down sex. Like I said, I have a balance lol.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:01 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I keep an appropriate balance when I play my PS4 it's mainly my destressor after a long day of school and work. I can only play for a few hours before clocking back in, homework, or I have to walk my dogs. However, if a woman judges me for that then she's not the one for me at all. I wouldn't be with a woman who tried to stop me from doing something I liked because she doesn't like it. I deem her incompatible with me and I move on. FYI, I'm not a gamer who would turn down sex. Like I said, I have a balance lol.
Of course that's granted mate and with my " mind your own " comment for him to tell her it's more because we all have something that we do to unwind or whatever

But as they're together and have lived together for a year I'm sure they're compatible in most things but this in the grand scheme of things is rather small in comparison

Old 03-05-2017, 06:05 PM

861 posts, read 1,340,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
What is the problem even if it is every night? That's when a lot of people can unwind and do what they want. If his gf spent 2-3 hours reading books every night would that be a problem?
Everyone is different so yes that could be a problem to some. If a partner uses 2-3 hours every night to pursue their own interests and say the couple only has 5 hours of the night where they see each other, I could easily see that as a problem. OTOH, if it's 2-3 hours a week and they see each other every night, then she needs to get over it. Just depends on the frequency. Of course, this could also be a sign of a controlling person who will only get worse as time goes on. We just don't know enough.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,734,019 times
If it's not interfering with your daily life and responsibilities, then I see no problem.

I'm somewhat of a gamer myself, however I take long breaks when I know I have things to do. I tend to play games I can get really invested in, which can disrupt my daily life routine/responsibilities.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:08 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Of course that's granted mate and with my " mind your own " comment for him to tell her it's more because we all have something that we do to unwind or whatever

But as they're together and have lived together for a year I'm sure they're compatible in most things but this in the grand scheme of things is rather small in comparison
Well if he's playing for over 10 hours and ignoring his girlfriend well that's bad.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well if he's playing for over 10 hours and ignoring his girlfriend well that's bad.
Yes that most certainly would be lol

Old 03-05-2017, 06:25 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,366,403 times
why are so many women upset by their boyfriend's use of video games? not the first thread Ive seen posted about it

Old 03-05-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
why are so many women upset by their boyfriend's use of video games? not the first thread Ive seen posted about it
Most are probably not, not in this case but when it does come up I don't think it's actually playing video games that's the problem but more the time spent on the activity that more often than not interferes with their time together or couple activities etc

Old 03-05-2017, 07:04 PM

36 posts, read 24,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comixbooks475 View Post
So my gf and I live together and have for the past year. We do things together and have fun but my gf gets very upset when I just want some game time, and I am not talking super long gaming sessions or anything like that more 2-3 hours. She makes comments like "Why do you enjoy those stupid games" "It's a very immature activity" etc.
As some above have asked, you didn't mention if you played the video games every night or one or two nights a week.

As SWFL has mentioned, it sounds like an attention thing, or she's noticing a change in your moods.

All females love and need attention, and they don't tell you when, unless it's during a bloody big argument or a friendly informative conversation, trust me, females seeking/needing attention is not done by the clock.

If it's come to the point where she is seeking your attention by asking certain questions, or acting a certain way, then you need to sit up and take notice because in that respect, it sounds like you're playing your games too often.

If she is noticing mood changes in you, then chances are she may be noticing something that can harm your relationship, and she obviously doesn't want that to happen, hence her question and statement.

If it's both, be prepared for an eventual rough ride, my advice would be to have a chat about it.

As suggested, have a friendly chat with your GF, ask her why she doesn't like you playing video games, ask her how she feels when you do, but also inform her you enjoy playing them and why. Also, be respective and concerned about her feelings too.

I then suggest you try and come to a compromise, such as, only playing the games twice a week for a couple of hours instead of 2 to 3 hours. Better still, play the games when your GF is not at home or is asleep.

I enjoy playing video games myself, but I also know time fly's when I play them, and before you know it the hours have past.

Ask yourself, how do you feel about your GF, is she worth more to you than the video game, and what level of priority do you put her in. If your GF ain't top priority, you've got bigger problems coming your way.

As the saying goes, a happy wife means a happy life.

Hope it was helpfull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.