Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,515,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
It's not about looks. Looks are subjective and the more you get stuck on "I'm pretty" the more you will be "stuck" in the long run..... It's more about how you view yourself as a person overall.

Dad's trying to give you confidence.....I'm quite positive he's referring to you as the whole package.

Get going on the employment......even if it's beginner part time, economy is growing and plenty of work out there for the willing....that by itself will build confidence.
I guess. but it's hard not to think that, when I know I'm smart and interesting and fun and funny, and capable of having conversations and stuff...and the only thing it seems like these other people have on me is that they're prettier. well, I guess it's not the only thing, because they also have jobs and cars, and probably their own places. and friends, and decent families.

yeah...I always sort of resented that, because obviously it's not true, because if it was guys would at least seem interested, and talk to me and stuff. but of course, he just thinks that because he's my dad, and I look like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 11:01 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,515,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, OP. Not because of anything to do with you, personally. Because you're female. That's how some men relate to women. They're not interested in anything women have to say, their studies or careers, their thoughts about life and the world, etc.
maybe. maybe some are like that. like I said, it just seemed to be part of the whole thing that after a while, it just seemed like he just wanted someone pretty, and cute, to make funny faces at each other and stuff. lol. idk. maybe it's just part of the whole impression I got, that you're just there to look pretty and be nice and happy and everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships