Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 07:58 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
There's nothing normal about dating at any age. It is such a different experience for every person.
Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 09:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
I was widowed at 40, started dating at 42 and remarried at 47.

Just take everything slow, you have been through a lot and time to regroup is good. Best wishes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
40 is not that young. A lot of people physical peek is in their rear view window at that point. Pot bellies and saggy boobs have set in and its a bad look.

OP, I'm around the same age and single. do you NEED to be in a relationship? Just date sample whats out there and have a good time. Most women I meet that are in relationships have been with these guys forever anyway. Hopefully you are doing well financially. if you are, regardless of looks, you can always find a date. But with 3 kids, I mean, you do have some baggage. the goal for you is to not let it appear the kids are a problem. When i meet a woman with baby sitter issues, or baby daddy problems, I'm gone.

You have got to be kidding me. What an over-generalization.
Then again, I suppose it's true if the only people you know don't take care of themselves.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:42 AM

473 posts, read 501,874 times
Shouldn't have any problems picking up someone 35+. They make the 'moves' quickly and decide the 'shack up' quickly too... Just put on the smile and stow most of the baggage over it all. Well written online dating profile and smiling male dressed to impress in picture sells it every time...I still like Match.com. Meetup.com can have some nice activity and dating groups in larger cities. Cost is really reasonable...Worth checking out too.

I'm sorry for your suffering...But you will trust again..That is a really unusual move for a female. She was probably a bit flightly or mentally unstable, huh? Or, one of her parents was same. It's not you.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:49 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinpa View Post
So , I'm going to be 40 . My wife of being together 20yrs left me for her new love . Left me , left our 3 kids , left her mom , sister , dad . Yea yea , poor me . But what I'm asking is , how many people have found someone in this situation , to be with . Been trying to focus on the kids right now , not even ready to look , maybe in a year , if ever . But it seems when I take them places , at my age , it's all familes with thier own intact situations .

Been a while since I've been looking . But just seems at 40 everyone is going to be taken . I'm sure I can't be the only guy in this spot . Just looking for experience .
Times have changed since you were last on the market but it is doable. Just different. I am 40 and there are lots of other singles out there.

I wish you all the best!

Old 03-27-2017, 10:58 AM

540 posts, read 362,555 times
There's hope. Within the past few years I've had 2 cousins get married.
They both married ladies that had 1 kid apiece. The ladies they married were younger but the men were each past 40
So there's hope I guess.

A co-worker (female) just recently got engaged. She's 46 and her fiance is in his 50's
So there's hope I guess

Old 03-27-2017, 03:56 PM

352 posts, read 234,008 times
^^^

Yep. It's really just not that big of a deal.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM

140 posts, read 88,771 times
20K is nothing. Boston alone is over half a mill and the metro area is 4 mill.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:15 PM

286 posts, read 366,408 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

All I can say to the OP is, I hope you're not in Los Angeles. That's the most difficult dating scene I've ever encountered (unless you're into the drug culture, or you're a celebrity or know how to posture like one).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-01-2017 at 09:17 AM..

Old 03-27-2017, 06:15 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,964 times
Default I agree

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I'd say especially as I've matured my taste has matured as well. At age 40 and above, it's not easy getting the type of relationship that is a good fit. Have to rep you.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-01-2017 at 09:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships