Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:38 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,946,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am happy with who I am. I love my kids, pets. I am living in my dream house. Driving the exact car I wanted.

What I am missing is the husband and team member to live my life with. That is the only thing missing.

I love my hobbies. I just wish I had more good friends to share them with. But overall, I am a happy person. I would like to find someone that can love and want me because I am me.
ONCE AGAIN.... your post is nothing but "I" statements. What this relationship is going to do for YOU. That old saying about there being no "I" in "team...." You might want to meditate on how that translates for relationships for a bit.

Question: what are you going to bring to the relationship? Aside from the "dream house" and the "exact car you wanted," because those are just things. What are you going to do for the man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 10:47 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
When you say "actively seeking a relationship" are you pressuring these guys for a commitment, or trying to push the relationship forward past any boundaries they are setting for themselves? For example, are you pushing for exclusivity when they haven't brought up the subject yet?

ETA: Reading farther into the thread, I got my answer:

Guys like to be the ones doing the pursuing, and some women tend to try to inject a masculine energy into the relationship by leaning forward, and all that does is chase the guys away. The exes you polled named traits that are not ones that works well in a relationship. People who need to have everything go their way are better off staying alone.

You need to learn how to lean back in your relationships.

Leaning Back and Standing Still Will Allow Your Man to Come to You
Lol no. That list did make for a laugh. I'll give it that.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:54 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,366,656 times
Some y'all new folks are not aware of the longstanding history involving LoL's romantic life. These threads pop up every few months.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:09 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The movie was a ripoff from the original TV episode The Changeling. They changed Nomad to V'Ger and put 30+ pounds & 20+ years on all the actors. I prefer the most recent three Chris Pine movies. Rachel Nichols played a superb Green Chick in that first Star Trek movie. Zoe Zaldana is hot as Uhura. The most recent one had Sophia Boutella in it.

What was this thread about?
Plagerizing bastards...

But yeah, relationships are tricky. One either has to change a bit or find someone that will take you as is...

Old 04-13-2017, 12:02 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
How can you say you are happy when you are so deeply dissatisfied?

I have to say that if you wanted a husband in the traditional sense, you lost that opportunity when you decided to procreate outside of marriage twice, with two different men.

Quality guys are not going to see your side of things or hear your excuses. Your best bet is to wait until your kids are out of the house, then relocate somewhere, a city, a beach community, where there are older men looking for empty-nest wives.

I also have been single for more than a decade. Difference is, I have close friends, male and female, and a good social life. I have learned to depend on myself for everything else. What happened to your friends?

Old 04-13-2017, 12:22 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,032,090 times
Well once I was stopped fixing things and being there for everyone's needs, they stopped contacting me. So last year I stopped initiating calls... and only one person has remained in contact. She is a true friend, but she sticks to just spending time together with the kids.

I am going to start looking for a winery/ drinking buddy. Hanging out with my parents all the time got old.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

I also have been single for more than a decade. Difference is, I have close friends, male and female, and a good social life. I have learned to depend on myself for everything else. What happened to your friends?
Same here. Aside from an occasional FWB scenario with the same guy (the switch on that is currently in the "off" position because I exhibited behavior not too far off from the OP's last fall), I haven't been in a "relationship" in 12 years.

I bet I know what happened to her friends. Same thing that happened to her exes, they all ran from her neediness, and/or got sick and tired of her bellyaching over her social life. It really is a tiring facet of a person's personality, yet most people who have it don't ever put themselves in the shoes of those who are stuck dealing with it long enough to realize they might want to address that part of themselves.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:34 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
The fact that your "friends" don't call you and you have to initiate always means to me that something in your personality is off.

And your problems have been discussed here forever and a day.

But I think adding to all of that is maybe that you do not NEED a man. You are too independent. Which is great - but also a problem in the dating world.

You don't need anybody to rescue you. You don't need a man to fix stuff. You are not girly and weak and make him think he is the greatest and THE MAN. Most men need this (let's be honest for a second).

I think, you are too strong. Additional to that you give too little (love/sex/attention), have too much baggage (kids/exes floating around/been known/overall weird history) are too demanding (house chores/yard chores) and not feminine enough (cooking/girly/weaker as him/too much one of the boys). If one of these problems exist, it is okay - but you have ALL of them.

Just a guess.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Hanging out with my parents all the time got old.
Don't knock it. My mom is going to be 80 on the 24th, and my dad is 77. I am very grateful that I still have both of them, and for all of the help they have given me over the years for various things, like giving me a home for 15 months when I got burned out my apartment building two years ago tomorrow.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:46 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Don't knock it. My mom is going to be 80 on the 24th, and my dad is 77. I am very grateful that I still have both of them, and for all of the help they have given me over the years for various things, like giving me a home for 15 months when I got burned out my apartment building two years ago tomorrow.
I agree and think the same way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships