Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:57 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,969,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
The fact that your "friends" don't call you and you have to initiate always means to me that something in your personality is off.

And your problems have been discussed here forever and a day.

But I think adding to all of that is maybe that you do not NEED a man. You are too independent. Which is great - but also a problem in the dating world.

You don't need anybody to rescue you. You don't need a man to fix stuff. You are not girly and weak and make him think he is the greatest and THE MAN. Most men need this (let's be honest for a second).

I think, you are too strong. Additional to that you give too little (love/sex/attention), have too much baggage (kids/exes floating around/been known/overall weird history) are too demanding (house chores/yard chores) and not feminine enough (cooking/girly/weaker as him/too much one of the boys). If one of these problems exist, it is okay - but you have ALL of them.

Just a guess.
//www.city-data.com/forum/47648528-post645.html

Quote:
I think I have come to the conclusion that I am single because I am self centered, not career driven and kind of boring with my interests. Plus I am expensive, needy and high maintenance, except in appearance. I want to live my life in pjs and no makeup.
There's your answer. OP's a real catch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 12:57 PM

5,297 posts, read 5,252,709 times
You are shopping for a husband like you're shopping for a used car.

In all your prior threads, looking for a husband, you want one for what they can do for you. You've been very upfront about that. What they can do for you. Its not an appealing trait.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:08 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am happy with who I am. I love my kids, pets. I am living in my dream house. Driving the exact car I wanted.

What I am missing is the husband and team member to live my life with. That is the only thing missing.

I love my hobbies. I just wish I had more good friends to share them with. But overall, I am a happy person. I would like to find someone that can love and want me because I am me.
That's not what you said in your posts about being terribly lonely when not in a relationship. Happy, contented people aren't driven to partner up with unsuitable people, then keep them around for years in spite of obvious incompatibilities.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:03 PM

284 posts, read 235,446 times
I can't get over the fact that you won't consider dating a man with children, yet expect a childless man to be thrilled to date a mother of two? I was happy I met someone with a child, we do a lot of stuff as a family of 4, but we also get plenty of adult only time as well. Only another parent can truly appreciate and understand the demands and time commitments of raising children.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:18 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,719,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
ONCE AGAIN.... your post is nothing but "I" statements. What this relationship is going to do for YOU. That old saying about there being no "I" in "team...." You might want to meditate on how that translates for relationships for a bit.

Question: what are you going to bring to the relationship? Aside from the "dream house" and the "exact car you wanted," because those are just things. What are you going to do for the man?
It's no use. OP has heard all of this before and still refuses to think she has any issues. All you will get is arguments from her.

So, again, I will ask her....

Why will you not ever take ANY of the advice that is offered to you? Why????

Old 04-13-2017, 02:23 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,994,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post

I polled some exes this morning and the consensus is that I am uncompromising and one way. What type of guy is good with this trait?

We've all told you that too.

What kind of guy?

A doormat, someone with no backbone, and someone who is looking for a Mom.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2017, 02:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,554,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
It's no use. OP has heard all of this before and still refuses to think she has any issues. All you will get is arguments from her.

So, again, I will ask her....

Why will you not ever take ANY of the advice that is offered to you? Why????
Oh yeah....

OP you're the one that lives in the small town where ALL the blokes are drunks/junkies/married/criminals/lunatics etc ..... Aren't you? Hence your problems in finding a bloke?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,778,350 times
The other problem is still officially undiagnosed.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:29 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,554,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
the other problem is still officially undiagnosed.
😂😂😂😂!

Old 04-13-2017, 02:30 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,470,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andie1969 View Post
I can't get over the fact that you won't consider dating a man with children, yet expect a childless man to be thrilled to date a mother of two? I was happy I met someone with a child, we do a lot of stuff as a family of 4, but we also get plenty of adult only time as well. Only another parent can truly appreciate and understand the demands and time commitments of raising children.
The op wants a companion to sooth her loneliness and do everything for her she may not want to do herself, she isn't interested in an actual mutually beneficial relationship.

Any question of personal responsibility is always countered by her unwillingness to change anything in herself and her responsibilities towards her children.

It just goes round and round in circles because the OP doesn't want to change anything to help herself, she wants to change others so they can better help her.

Which needless to say, nobody here can do for her.

Last edited by rego00123; 04-13-2017 at 02:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships