Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 01:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
This can be true regardless of marital status.

Making eye contact even striking a conversation is not necessarily done with bad intentions.
Common sense 101
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Your are, consciously or unconsciously, giving out signals that you are available. You should work on that.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Also.. You cannot control what other people do..

However

You can certainly control how you react to it.

I have known a few women who have wondered why men do not approach them. (wife included)

I have known a lot of women who have attracted lots of attention from men. (circle of friends)

Between the two.... I think it is harder for a women to "deal" with the former.. It hits the ego and can cause some insecurities. The ones that I find interesting are the ladies that "roll with the attention" sometimes leverage it without crossing the boundaries they set for themselves.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:32 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Also.. You cannot control what other people do..

However

You can certainly control how you react to it.

I have known a few women who have wondered why men do not approach them. (wife included)

I have known a lot of women who have attracted lots of attention from men. (circle of friends)

Between the two.... I think it is harder for a women to "deal" with the former.. It hits the ego and can cause some insecurities. The ones that I find interesting are the ladies that "roll with the attention" sometimes leverage it without crossing the boundaries they set for themselves.
Agreed. If I dont want to be bothered I don't make eye contact, and if a guy interrupts my thoughts or goes out of his way to say: "Smile!" I say something like: "okay fall down and rip your pants or something, we'll see if that works."
I'm out of earshot by the time they respond.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Your are, consciously or unconsciously, giving out signals that you are available. You should work on that.
Well ... she is a single woman. She IS available.

But the married men who are seeking her out are NOT. Soooooooo ...

Which one in this scenario really needs to "work on that"?

Old 05-28-2017, 01:56 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It really does make me wonder because some of the guys that one would least expect have propositioned
I only asked because of personal experience. I used to take things personally because of my own insecurities and concerns. All you can really do is say no and make it clear you don't get down like that.

It's disappointing but what can you do? It reminds of this story my friend told me. She said a guy went into a restaurant and saw nothing but couples. He decided he wanted to start some BS and pretended to have a conversation on his phone.

He stated loudly: "Girl you won't believe who I see your man in here with."

8 of the dudes got up and left.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well ... she is a single woman. She IS available.

But the married men who are seeking her out are NOT. Soooooooo ...

Which one in this scenario really needs to "work on that"?
Yeah! She needs to work on accepting the needs of all kinds of menz!

hahahaha

Old 05-28-2017, 02:14 PM

135 posts, read 94,613 times
I am an adopted person. I just about died when I opened my records and found out that my parents were married but not to each other.

My dad was a nuclear engineer building submarines for the US Navy via General Electric Boat. My mom's husband did not have the money my dad had.

Was my mom hoping that my dad would leave his wife and my sisters for her and my other brothers and sisters (when I was born, that made a total of 8 kids between the two)?

I lost my whole family because of people having affairs. **** all that.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:48 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
I agree about married men shouldn't be looking for affairs or press for unwanted advances.

But the reality is that they do... Always have.. You cannot change it... Only how you react to it.

From what I have seen, a big chunk of men visiting working girls are indeed married... They also make the best regulars... For good reasons.

Again, it's all about how you react to it. Those men and women who have a hard time attracting dates would probably love to have this problem. Its. Just a matter of time till you attract the person who isn't married.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:54 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
There are as many single women willing to start a relationship with a married man as there are married men willing to cheat on their wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships