Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 04:00 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,202,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
He's married and looking for some side interest without actually having an affair.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 04:33 PM

102,310 posts, read 108,488,976 times
I find it suspicious that he solicits info from you, but isn't forthcoming, himself. He seems guarded. I would lose this character ASAP. Block him if you can.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,990,151 times
Lose the weirdo.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:52 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,518,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I find it suspicious that he solicits info from you, but isn't forthcoming, himself. He seems guarded. I would lose this character ASAP. Block him if you can.
Yes, that annoys me too, especially if they ask if you've met anyone else or had a date or something.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:33 PM

424 posts, read 237,560 times
I can't speak for all guys, but I usually do this just for practice.

Sometimes, I will mess things up with a woman on accident and then see if I could get her back. With other women, I'm not really interested, but they are giving me a hard time and I want to see if I could make them around. I figure if I get good at doing this, then I could easily do it with women that I'm actually interested in.

Right now, for example, I messed up the seduction of a woman. So, now, I text her every few days to a week with things that I know she likes. We have the same social circle so I do see her out and I make sure to dote on her when I see her. To be honest, I'm not disinterested in this woman, but I'm not sold either. I'm on the fence due to a few different factors.

Typically, if a girl tells me outright to go away, then I'll go away (like an "I'm not interested" text, for example). Anything other than this is fair game in my opinion.

And I'm not one that is affected much by rejection.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:36 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,484,502 times
He keeps messaging you because you keep replying...
His motivations could be many things, but only the above stands true.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:50 PM

251 posts, read 205,049 times
Online dating is stupid and doesn't work. You sound very young and inexperienced. As likely is he.

Most of the time it leads nowhere because people don't know themselves or what they are looking for. I am a very clear cut to the chase type guy and know what I like. So I don't have interactions like these. Then again I am over 30 years old and have life experience. When I was 16 I had pointless conversations with Women online all the time. Some of them led me to constructive activity in the bedroom while most did not.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,106,451 times
Old thread...but...

Keeping his options open. You're Plan C in case the other girls he's chasing say no. I'd probably ignore this unless I truly liked him as a friend and was glad to keep chatting that way, knowing in advance that if he then had a lonely night and drunk-texted me, I'd be shooting the idea down. Nicely.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,937,822 times
If he's been talking to you for a ''Couple of months'' and hasn't made a date, cut bait.

That's way too long to go without a date after initiating contact, assuming that you live within a fairly reasonable (like not hundreds of miles away) distance from each either. I would see that as turning into a ''Phoneship'' or a pen pal and toss him.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:17 AM

923 posts, read 529,816 times
As a guy who has done this, when initiated first, I usually just want to be friends...aka not interested in dating romantically.

Have had this happen before when someone I went on 1-4 dates with and I'm not interested but they are great friends, I just talk to them as friends.

Most of the time, I think the women just want "some". I don't mind giving, but don't want a relationship. I'm closing in on 50, don't want kids and don't want drama.

OP, sounds like he is just a friend and not real interested. Probably thinks about you every once in a while and wants to just say hi.

If a guy is interested, he'd probably be texting/calling often(every day).

Just how I see it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships