Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:06 AM

7 posts, read 7,516 times

Advertisements

I met this guy on a dating site a couple of months ago. He was the first one to message me on the site. We moved on to chatting on Viber upon his suggestion.

He asks me questions about myself, what I did, etc.

I also ask him; his replies are usually short, and doesn't add details. When a conversation on a topic naturally ends, he is always the one who initiates a conversation, texting me hi, etc.

I don't replied quickly, because I'm not always online. He's kind of the opposite, most of the time he replies really quickly.

Even just recently, he initiated a conversation by messaging that he's currently in a location abroad. Naturally I asked him how the weather was, what region it's located, but he just responds to my questions and not adding anything. So I just replied, have a great time.

I'm wondering why he keeps on messaging me, if he's not interested? Why does he ask me questions, but doesn't say much himself? We haven't met in person yet. I've read about e-tethering and all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 12:11 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,963 times
Why...? Why...? Why....?

We know nothing about this guy and neither do you. We have very limited information and it is all subjective things that you've told us.

None of us truly know.

Perhaps he's only interested out of boredom.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:12 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,521,357 times
Possibly trying to " keep you sweet " should he ever meet you in person perhaps? Or if there's no real chance of ever meeting he enjoys flirting/sexting etc? Boredom?

In short F knows why! LOL

Old 05-15-2017, 12:28 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Why...? Why...? Why....?

We know nothing about this guy and neither do you. We have very limited information and it is all subjective things that you've told us.

None of us truly know.
I think she's generally asking what other men's opinions are of this situation. Like if I was that guy, why would I do this? (note: this is pretty much the entire purpose of this forum)

So, if I were this guy, yeah I'd be simply trying to cover my bases and keep you around for an eventual meet up.

As far as the short responses, well I don't always have something clever or substantial to say, so for that reason a lot of times I just answer the question. It's usually nothing personal against the woman. For example, I am talking with a woman online (Match) and she asks me how my weekend was (it's Sunday evening). I honestly have nothing to say, my weekend was reallllly dull (though it was relaxing).

Old 05-15-2017, 12:34 AM

61,660 posts, read 87,041,175 times
He is bored, or is keeping you on the back burner just in case nothing better come along. Obviously not really interested, but talking to you while waiting to meet someone else.
Don't be a second choice...

Old 05-15-2017, 07:00 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,970,381 times
He's married and looking for some side interest without actually having an affair.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:27 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,318 times
Some guys will flirt and text and hover showing interest...but it is meaningless.

I detest spending real time with people I'm not into - but not everyone is like that.

Took me a looooong time to accept it. Some just like having a bunch of text buddies and they can enjoy you but not "like"you or want to meet in person.

If a real life meeting is not imminent I would cut bait.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:50 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Maybe he just sucks at being a conversationalist.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:57 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,446,241 times
He's a time waster.
Move on.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:59 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,188,253 times
He probably has a girl and he's interested, but he feels guilty. If you haven't asked, you need to. It's up to you what you do at that point.

For some reason, usually when you tell a girl you have a girl, they pursue you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships