Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
My wife has deterioration of disks in her neck. The neurologist said that the most likely cause is our height difference.

She is 5'2" tall and I am 6'2" tall.

She treats it by sitting in a traction device which stretches her neck and takes the pressure off of the disks which is a result of years of looking up.
So I guess you are truly a pain in her neck

Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
So I guess you are truly a pain in her neck
Yes, although she usually refers to a different part of her anatomy when she says that.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
My wife has deterioration of disks in her neck. The neurologist said that the most likely cause is our height difference.

She is 5'2" tall and I am 6'2" tall.

She treats it by sitting in a traction device which stretches her neck and takes the pressure off of the disks which is a result of years of looking up.
I was only kidding, but it sounds like it's true... She should've dumped such health hazard! Unfortunately, you're such a darn funny health hazard!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sad it is, but it's certainly not the only bias around. Whether it's height, weight, cup size, full head of hair, or anything else, there are plenty of preferences around and I find it hard to believe when somebody claims not to have any and to be as deep as to look at personality alone...
Very true. One wonders why there are many single men who are short.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
My bf is only like 5'8 tops. am like 5'6/5'7. I could care less about his height. I love him for who is not how tall or short he is.
That's a lot taller than me and one more case of women treating us short guys like dirt.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:34 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,885 times
My girlfriend is 5'8 and I am 5'3, but yes I have had major problems find someone in the past because of my size. Most past girlfriends i ever had were my height or shorter. I find it disrespectful if a girl turn down a man just because he is shorter then her. There are a lot of good looking intelligent short guys with a sense of humor out there.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
My gf is still taller than me...and still loves me. Eat your heart out tall guys!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:56 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,885 times
I am not bad looking and have a big heart. What was really weird was and I don't know if it is because of my height or because some would say I am cute, but it seems I attract teens more then women. Some don't like me because I am too serious, but i know how to be very silly sometime, especially around kids. Apart from my height i am very comfortable in my body. I can date any race even not my own and already have in the past. I can be very affectionate. I am a good listener, though i can get really opinionated sometime. I am slow to anger, eventhough i sometime get frustrated. My ex called me her teddybear, as i can be very cuddly. I got a lot of qualities that many men don't have, it is just my height many women are turn off by it.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
bump!!

I love the threads ARtsyguy starts! and 12 pages of posts can be summed up so short and sweet.

*rubs her hands together maliciously*

Q: Do women tend to reject short guys?

If this was a post started to stroke the ego (or deflating sense of stability in one's self) over being slightly smaller than normal, then let me please be as clear as possible.

A: YES!

I'm 5'6. I can't date anyone my height or smaller... you can never wear heels, you have to bend down to kiss him like your kissing your little brother , you can never hide or curl up in his arms for that nice teddy-bear feeling of security that he can take care of you, you can probably out-armwrestle him. It's a toss up on who's probably better suited to change the flat tire...he probably fits into your cute little blouses as well as you do...honestly, what woman wants to look like a moose standing next to their date? The list goes on and on. lol

There are many lovely short men in this world. Unless you're set out to stalk some interesting (yet entirely plausible) fetish of a 6'1 women dating people half her size on PURPOSE, then... there are many women shorter than yourself that you will pair up nicely with. Don't give up hope! Just don't aim for the ones your height or taller, without preparing for a bit of rejection. (even if it is nothing personal)

My best friend had a bumper sticker that read: "Short men try harder!"

Toodles!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
I love men under 5,10. Anything taller than that kind of scare me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships