Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 09:48 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
Doesn't change the fact that 97% of the alimony moneys is redistributed from men to women. Also, the fact that women get child custody and child support in practically all cases, although I see that trend slowly changing. In many of these cases, kids are brainwashed and lied to to hate their dads or there are false accusations separating the father from the children. Family court system is heavily stacked up against men. We all have opinions on how much but the statistical facts speak for themselves. Divorce is a complex issue and I'm not a big fan of no fault divorce and the way its being used. I mostly feel for kids from broken homes, because someone thought they were bored or that grass was greener on the other side. Those are the most common reasons for divorce and they are short sighted and selfish
Please describe the research you have conducted to be able to make this statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 09:59 AM

424 posts, read 236,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Anyone care to look to see who is in charge of political decisions, board rooms, law enforcement, court systems, etc etc before saying stuff like this?

It isn't women. Anywhere in the world, really.
Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that laws favor women in general over men. In fact, they have nothing to do with each other.

But by all means, go forth and marry a super liberal American woman. Make sure to make a ton of money and have her stay at home without working. Have children with this woman. Wait for her to become arbitrarily bored and divorce you on a whim.

Deal with the court system a bit and report back here on your findings.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If you think most (or even many) women are divorcing for money, you're nuts.

First of all, they are put in a worse financial situation than they were in before.

Many of the divorced women I work with have to fight every month to get the child
support they're due AND they have to work AND they have to take care of the kid.
Meanwhile, hubby is off with new girlfriend, making new kids, etc.

I even know a woman who has to pay ALIMONY to the tune of $3000 a month to
the man she divorced and she can't stop bc he only takes jobs under the table so he
can keep getting her dough.

Everyone is a financial loser in divorce. Everyone.
If this is true, and I'm highly skeptical that it is, then why do women seem so quick to divorce? If they don't benefit from it, why are 70%+ of divorce initiated by women?

No human in their right mind would push for something that negatively affects them.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
If this is true, and I'm highly skeptical that it is, then why do women seem so quick to divorce? If they don't benefit from it, why are 70%+ of divorce initiated by women?

No human in their right mind would push for something that negatively affects them.
What is your source for this?

Old 06-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
What is your source for this?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f92742502ae9

Old 06-03-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Thank you. The article states this:

Quote:
In a survey of 2,262 adults in heterosexual partnerships over the course of five years, Rosenfeld found that women initiate divorces 69 percent of the time.
but does not in any way indicate exactly what is meant by "initiate". Does that mean file the paperwork?

I filed the paperwork when my ex-husband and I divorced. But we had agreed that I would. So I am not at all convinced that "filing the paperwork" = "initiated the divorce".

Old 06-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Thank you. The article states this:

but does not in any way indicate exactly what is meant by "initiate". Does that mean file the paperwork?

I filed the paperwork when my ex-husband and I divorced. But we had agreed that I would. So I am not at all convinced that "filing the paperwork" = "initiated the divorce".
I doubt that your situation is the common one. From what I've seen IRL (and read online), most men seem to be blindsided with divorce papers.

I don't think there are any studies on the answers you're looking for. And it would be difficult to create such studies in any event.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:47 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
No, divorce is NOT too easy. In my opinion, it should more difficult to marry, and easier to get divorced.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I doubt that your situation is the common one. From what I've seen IRL (and read online), most men seem to be blindsided with divorce papers.

I don't think there are any studies on the answers you're looking for. And it would be difficult to create such studies in any event.
Yes, I agree it would be difficult to create such studies. That's why I wondered about your source.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:50 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:

"From what [you've] seen."

So, do you have ANY personal experience with this, or are you simply retelling the tired, old "men are destroyed in divorce" story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships