Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 10:40 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

After all this discussion, all these suggestions and their pros and cons and workability of the OP, we've overlooked one of the more obvious ways to meet men: at the grocery store/pharmacy/gas station, etc. But I guess that may bring up the same problem the OP has had all along; the "wrong" type of guys approach her. I think she's looking for suggestions of how/where to home in on her type.

Still, overall, I think it's been a productive thread. There have been some good suggestions that the OP felt were a good fit. More than a few, if she can wait until she has income coming in again, to try some of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 03:42 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
After all this discussion, all these suggestions and their pros and cons and workability of the OP, we've overlooked one of the more obvious ways to meet men: at the grocery store/pharmacy/gas station, etc. But I guess that may bring up the same problem the OP has had all along; the "wrong" type of guys approach her. I think she's looking for suggestions of how/where to home in on her type.

Still, overall, I think it's been a productive thread. There have been some good suggestions that the OP felt were a good fit. More than a few, if she can wait until she has income coming in again, to try some of them.
Thank you Ruth. There's actually been a lot of useful stuff in here. naturally, I can't take EVERY bit of advice here and use it. there's only so much time in a day and I won't be broke forever lol. I don't just work and come home and do nothing either. so some of it is a time management thing too.

I've been approached in grocery stores..again...men very very far from my type. But you're right...I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where my kind of guy goes. I think the home improvement stores might be a start lol.

Either way, I figure this thread can be productive for other singles in my shoes. So even if I can't take all the suggestions, someone else can.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
This is actually a great thread.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:47 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I don't know if meetup groups were mentioned or not. Seems like you find an activity or interest in and go check one out.

The grocery store thing seems like more myth than reality. Most of the people I see at the grocery store, especially women, look busy and like they've been to the gym or work and are on the way home and seem very focused, busy and unapproachable, but that's just my experience.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know if meetup groups were mentioned or not. Seems like you find an activity or interest in and go check one out.

The grocery store thing seems like more myth than reality. Most of the people I see at the grocery store, especially women, look busy and like they've been to the gym or work and are on the way home and seem very focused, busy and unapproachable, but that's just my experience.
Pretty much.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:20 PM

941 posts, read 3,910,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
No..hence "moderately conservative". I'm more fiscally conservative and socially moderate. That's a lot of people here in AZ.
Those two things go hand in hand around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Where in AZ? I see a little bit of everything in this state. But it is probably a better idea to move where it is cooler for people like me. I only have a couple of years worth of this heat left in me.
Southern half of Arizona. Flagstaff is only slightly better, and I mean slightly.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:28 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
I just visited AZ, Flagstaff was cool, Tucson was OK, PHX a hell hole. Nice landscapes though.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
It's way too conservative for young and single people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Where in AZ? I see a little bit of everything in this state. But it is probably a better idea to move where it is cooler for people like me. I only have a couple of years worth of this heat left in me.
I don't think AZ is really that conservative at all, it's getting much closer to be a purple state than going the other direction. The Phoenix metro area is HUGE not as big as So Cal, but it's pretty damn large and larger population centers tend to be more liberal in some ways.

I was house shopping in AZ a few years ago and just ruled out Phoenix and focused on Tucson, because it's slightly cooler overall. My last company even had offices in both areas so the job front thing would be have handled. I just recently ruled out AZ overall just because it's just too damn hot for too much of the year. The rest of the year is beautiful but man, IDK. Used to go to Havasu a few times a year because my dad lived there and it's even hotter there than the Phoenix area. I don't know how people handle it, maybe if you have an office job and just go in and out of AC other than that, IDK. My work is part office and part construction site, so it's tough to be in that weather. Guys end up working weird hours during summer to try and avoid some of that nastiness.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:45 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post

I keep forgetting what a judgmental crowd this is every time I make a thread. I'll remember that next time since all of you are so perfect and flawless.
You mean you forgot that??? I get criticized regularly on here by these perfect people. Shouldn't surprise you. There are many people on here who act like they're above others. I'm not talking about you, just relating to you.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You mean you forgot that??? I get criticized regularly on here by these perfect people. Shouldn't surprise you. There are many people on here who act like they're above others. I'm not talking about you, just relating to you.
It's easy on the Internet, you can be whatever you wanna be, you know what I mean here? Everything I post here is real. I post enough about myself but try and keep some things semi-obscure just to maintain some privacy. But yeah, there have been people posting here throughout the years that I know for damn near a fact were making stuff up as they went along. You can sense patterns and inconsistencies in how some poster express their opinions and views.

I wouldn't let it bother you. A lot of people here like me, but some clearly don't and that's ok. When I'm not here I don't really think much about CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships