Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 09:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,372,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I never got why being picky and having preferences was a bad thing. Like how dare someone choose whoever they want to be with
Uh oh, now, You're thirsty.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 07-05-2017 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Picky is good, but there needs to be balance. If you're super picky about height, weight, physique and race but less picky about compatibility (finances, education, values etc.), you'll either stay single or date an assortment of duds.

Most people are far too willing to compromise on compatibility in order to find someone that provides "spark" which is short-hand for someone that makes their pants tingle.
So if I can stand on one leg, I get to be picky?

Old 07-05-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I rather be picky and perpetually single, than be with someone I really don't want.
I feel the same way...

Oh dang, Now I am thirsty for you.

I am one thirsty fool.

I mean, what do you think the T stands for in TJenkins

Thirst Jenkins out.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:30 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,423,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Picky is good, but there needs to be balance. If you're super picky about height, weight, physique and race but less picky about compatibility (finances, education, values etc.), you'll either stay single or date an assortment of duds.

Most people are far too willing to compromise on compatibility in order to find someone that provides "spark" which is short-hand for someone that makes their pants tingle.
I'm not picky about looks..just like clean cut, not huge (although i've dated overweight men too) and same race as me (white) and taller than me (easy to do-I'm only 5'4"). I'm picky about how I'm treated, if we share the same values and if we share the same relationship goals though. Everyone should be. I could care less about education or money. Ambition doesn't discriminate against education and socioeconomic backgrounds.

Also, LOL at the letting all the T&A hang out! haha! It'll definitely get me attention alright.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I rather be picky and perpetually single, than be with someone I really don't want.
I saw how horrible my parents marriage was. I'd rather die than let my kids listen to us scream at each other all day for 20 years. The irony is how divorced people tell me I'm too picky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes! Bc you like you, and aren't bored with yourself, have interests and know you'll be ok, either way!
I wish I would have believed that at your age. I spent too much time trying to feel ok by doing what 'everyone else' was doing.
I'm not bored with myself, but it can get really lonely to the point of tears. So I had to develop interests to fill my time. It took me years to get to an ok place though and I still struggle some days.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I saw how horrible my parents marriage was. I'd rather die than let my kids listen to us scream at each other all day for 20 years. The irony is how divorced people tell me I'm too picky...

I'm not bored with myself, but it can get really lonely to the point of tears. So I had to develop interests to fill my time. It took me years to get to an ok place though and I still struggle some days.
That gave me flashbacks...

Being single is really not bad for me at all.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That gave me flashbacks...

Being single is really not bad for me at all.
It was not a good example to set for us. I promised myself i'd never end up in something like that. so far, I haven't had relationships where we're constantly screaming at each other..until I met this last guy. It only lasted 2 months (ended it a month ago) cause I had enough of THAT! It was so draining. I can't believe my parents did that for 20 years!

Old 07-05-2017, 10:07 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,893,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Yeah, I was hoping that you didn't take that personally, It was specifically aimed at Auraliea, who reminds me of my daughter. She doesn't worry about what she's 'supposed' to be doing either. It's my first year as an empty nester so...lots of changes. Sometimes I feel kind of lost too. This thread has helped me look at things differently. Thx

Old 07-05-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yeah, I was hoping that you didn't take that personally, It was specifically aimed at Auraliea, who reminds me of my daughter. She doesn't worry about what she's 'supposed' to be doing either. It's my first year as an empty nester so...lots of changes. Sometimes I feel kind of lost too. This thread has helped me look at things differently. Thx
No way. i'm not a snowflake

I bet that's hard. Change is hard no matter what. i'm glad this helped. I was actually seeing someone for a couple months (ended it a month ago) but he turned out to be psycho and emotionally unstable. I saw abuse in the future so I bolted. Its all incredibly draining. Can't wait for this phase of my life to be over.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:32 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,398,597 times
Quote:
That seems to be the mindset Ive heard ad nauseam on here from single people that struggle at dating and or finding their perfect match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships