Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 03:32 AM

218 posts, read 172,349 times

Advertisements

Based off a topic I started in P&OC it got me thinking. If you were with an otherwise great guy that was romantic, nice, compassionate, caring etc. etc. but he said he he felt uncomfortable buying you any feminine hygiene products, would it be something you would view as a negative? I have had girlfriends in the past and or me it's never been a big deal, I have bought pads, tampons etc. before and had no problem with it. Heck, so far I bought a huge pack of pads for my current lady friend.

But for some guys it can be an issue for various reasons, so for you if a guy you were with said he just felt uncomfortable about it and didn't want to, would that be something that would bother you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 03:48 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
If he's that threatened by the female reproductive system then ya, that's a deal breaker.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:59 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Pads? That was like 100 years ago, Lol

Old 07-16-2017, 05:06 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,407,799 times
I'd think that it was weird if he was out doing the general grocery shopping and refused to buy tampons, I would think that was weird. OTOH, I had a friend whose girlfriend at the time called him when he and some of us coworkers were at the bar and demanded that he bring her tampons RIGHT NOW. I would not expect anyone to do that. But lately I use Amazon Fresh for my groceries, yes, even for tampons. I highly recommend it. It's a huge problem-solver.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:55 AM

358 posts, read 208,344 times
ive bought my ex pads on more than one occasion. I always got the wrong type, because I never new there were 100 different types....but whats the big deal? Id think any guy having a real hang up about this was either extremely immature or had some deeper psychological issues. Maybe one fo the many guys that have to do everything In their power to seem macho to the world? not sure.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:01 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
I've never asked any guy to do that. It's not like I'm bedridden! I guess I'm not the kind of person who tells a guy to go get me things...and then also tell him he got the "wrong kind"?
And I was married for 20 years.

Last edited by RbccL; 07-16-2017 at 07:13 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 07:09 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I don't think we're talking about the cloth kind with straps, but that would be a good prank, if she would tell him to go get those for her, and didn't care when he came back

Old 07-16-2017, 07:15 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Go to the store and look.
Those boxes aren't all age-yellowed and dusty.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:16 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Based off a topic I started in P&OC it got me thinking. If you were with an otherwise great guy that was romantic, nice, compassionate, caring etc. etc. but he said he he felt uncomfortable buying you any feminine hygiene products, would it be something you would view as a negative? I have had girlfriends in the past and or me it's never been a big deal, I have bought pads, tampons etc. before and had no problem with it. Heck, so far I bought a huge pack of pads for my current lady friend.

But for some guys it can be an issue for various reasons, so for you if a guy you were with said he just felt uncomfortable about it and didn't want to, would that be something that would bother you?
I guess if he is doing the shopping anyway and cannot bring himself to throw that in the cart, I would wonder why? What dysfunction prevents him from buying a product at the store?

Old 07-16-2017, 07:24 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,863 times
I'd only consider doing it IF there was some understandable or emergent reason for the request......an injury (broken leg, cast, etc) or say or if she was sick with the flu, etc. Otherwise, IMO it's her personal issue and she can attend to it herself.......just like condoms for a guy.....I've never asked or would think to ask a lady friend to pick up those for me since I've always figured that was my responsibility.

I also think if any woman does this (absent the valid reason) making it a test of a relationship then they are playing head games and attempting to obtain an element of power or control in the relationship by attempting to force a guy's hand or to "prove how much he cares" about her while passive aggressively trying to emasculate him a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships