Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 11:29 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times

Advertisements

Coworker and I were talking. I've known him for years and we're good friends. Anyway, he got to talking about some woman he'd known from his college days. They apparently ran into each other somewhere and started talking. He tells me what happened, but I knew, 'cause it's happened to me:

Make a date, arrange to meet up (most ideally Friday)
Friday: Meet up, go have dinner, spend the night together.
Saturday: Spend the day together, go out, same as Friday in that you spend the night together.
Sunday: Things cool off a little...intimacy not as intense, but cuddling and light kissing.
Sunday evening: You part ways, kiss each other goodbye, quick call/text when you (or the other) gets home.
Monday: You may call, or even see the person, only for them to kind of snub you, like: "See ya!" and no further word from them.

So I told him: "Hate to say this, but she's forgotten you and is probably on to the next guy the following weekend." I'm hearing more about this; maybe the new norm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 11:59 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Weekend trysts have been going on for many many decades. Nothing new. Never a huge thing, but common enough (hello 70s rock festival "romances").

Old 07-18-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Weekend trysts have been going on for many many decades. Nothing new. Never a huge thing, but common enough (hello 70s rock festival "romances").
I'm old enough to remember those '70s "romances" resulting in teenagers becoming young parents. Glad I stayed out of that fray!

Old 07-18-2017, 12:12 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
I used to have dates like that in college.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:16 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Coworker and I were talking. I've known him for years and we're good friends. Anyway, he got to talking about some woman he'd known from his college days. They apparently ran into each other somewhere and started talking. He tells me what happened, but I knew, 'cause it's happened to me:

Make a date, arrange to meet up (most ideally Friday)
Friday: Meet up, go have dinner, spend the night together.
Saturday: Spend the day together, go out, same as Friday in that you spend the night together.
Sunday: Things cool off a little...intimacy not as intense, but cuddling and light kissing.
Sunday evening: You part ways, kiss each other goodbye, quick call/text when you (or the other) gets home.
Monday: You may call, or even see the person, only for them to kind of snub you, like: "See ya!" and no further word from them.

So I told him: "Hate to say this, but she's forgotten you and is probably on to the next guy the following weekend." I'm hearing more about this; maybe the new norm?
I have never had anything like this happen. If they spend the night, they end up staying for many months or years.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
It happens a lot.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:35 PM

I always thought the guy did this to the woman more than vice versa. But as I've said, I've experienced this once or twice also.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:24 AM

437 posts, read 335,978 times
Common. The new thing the last few years is young girls hooking up with older guys as a badge of honour. For eg. 19 year old hooking up with a 28 y/o guy.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:13 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Common - instead of a ONS/one-off you get "double for your money" with a weekend fling! Seems like a waste to go through the motions of cooling things off on Sunday when you could get in another round - I doubt most people do this. If you don't intend to see them again, why cool it off?

Old 07-19-2017, 09:30 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Common - instead of a ONS/one-off you get "double for your money" with a weekend fling! Seems like a waste to go through the motions of cooling things off on Sunday when you could get in another round - I doubt most people do this. If you don't intend to see them again, why cool it off?
Yeah, the "cooling things off" seems strange. In my case everyone knew the deal: Travel to your date's campus in time for the Friday keg party, followed Saturday by a pregame tailgate, football game, post game party, Saturday frat party, Sunday brunch, then back to your own campus. Sex wasn't always part of the equation, but 3-day dates were common in the Virginia liberal arts college network.

The next weekend you may have a date with a different person at a different campus. The purpose wasn't to find the "one true love" but to have fun in different places. You needed a weekend date because of all the dancing required.

Last edited by zentropa; 07-19-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships