Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:49 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

He did not ONLY have an affair, he had an affair with a minor and then he abandoned his wife. You do not need to live the rest of your life wondering when he will leave again or fool around with the neighborhood girls. You deserve a better life than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 PM

59 posts, read 318,512 times
i've never been cheated on but i can tell u this. i'm positive you are a beautiful woman that deserves much better than this. there is someone out there who will love u and NEVER cheat on you. i know it may be the hardest thing to walk away but in this situation you have too in order to be truly happy. good luck girl .. stay strong!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
YOu can't honestly believe he isn't going to cheat again.

I can tell you, he is going to do just that. If you know about 2 others he has been with, there are probably MORE.

AND on top of that he is the kind of scum that likes them young? NICE.
Thats not someone I would want around my child.
To add to what Lindsey is saying.. What are you going to do when you have a young baby sitter? How would you ever trust him then?

Two times cheating is one more then I'd care to find out about and he would surely be gone. I was pretty sure my 1st ex was cheating on me, same story as you except I think it started when I had the kid. I was in the hospital, day before going home with a high fever. We were all calling my house, he never picked the phone up until he walked in the door at 6:30 am. I guess I was blind or stupid to believe he was celebrating the birth of our child. Well, he continued to say out, when my son was 1 1/2 we seperated & divorced. That was it. Best thing I ever did.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
To add to what Lindsey is saying.. What are you going to do when you have a young baby sitter? How would you ever trust him then?

Two times cheating is one more then I'd care to find out about and he would surely be gone. I was pretty sure my 1st ex was cheating on me, same story as you except I think it started when I had the kid. I was in the hospital, day before going home with a high fever. We were all calling my house, he never picked the phone up until he walked in the door at 6:30 am. I guess I was blind or stupid to believe he was celebrating the birth of our child. Well, he continued to say out, when my son was 1 1/2 we seperated & divorced. That was it. Best thing I ever did.
yanno what bothers me the most....ewwww, the thought of someone I loved, sleeping with someone else..that, in itself, would really be the deal breaker for me...do not pass go, do not collect 200.00

Great post, great advice....and good for you!!!!

Creme

Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsy_girl View Post
Will I have to give it a try again and just cross my fingers that he will never cheat on me? I am still afraid of trusting him...
No, you don't "have" to give it a try again. You gave him a second chance (as was probably reasonable) and he's shown that he can't be trusted. Get your finances and living arrangements in order to live on your own, and then ditch him. DTMFA.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
time to get over to the jr college and get some job training and get ready for the inevitable.
get a good lawyer. get some support. what is sad is i am telling you to do to him what was
done to me, however i did not cheat. she was the guilty party.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM

8 posts, read 56,698 times
Firstly, have you all gone to counselling? Secondly are you getting anything positive out of the relationship other than all the negatives from him? Do you want to stay with him to ensure that their is a father figure in your kid's life? Is he worthy of being a relatively good father figure? You need to ask yourself these questions. Pros and cons. Divorce is hard, and a child without both parents is harder. Are you willing to live in a cheating relationship for the sake of the child? Do you want to have an open relationship where you can emotionally go to other men? That is also an option. Choose wisely and take your time.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,376,759 times
You and your kids deserve better. Do you really need them to see their dad being so careless with your feelings? Get a little respect for yourself and move out and on with your life. He probably doesnt even care if he sleeps around on you because he figures you will just take him back again.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:36 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
He is NEVER going to stop because you keep saying "thats ok honey, do it again"
Its time to pack your bags and leave.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 AM

55 posts, read 173,321 times
Default cheating

I'm so sorry for your pain. Don't settle for less, you deserve better than that. I'm going through the same thing right know, first time for me. I'm trying to forgive him but only time will tell. He doesn't deserve anymore chances. Do what's best for you and your family. Leave.
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships