Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:07 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,655 times

Advertisements

Came home drunk from a St. Paddy's day party and just tried to come on to me

I was a good boy though, I brought him over to his apartment, gave him some water and motrin, and put him to bed.

I know he was drunk and frustrated from 'striking out' at the party. Mix that with the odd relationship we have and it caused his actions tonight.

When he leaned in to kiss me I could've died It was so everything I've dreamed about these past few months, but also so everything I wouldn't want it to be if you can understand my meaning.

Anyway -- I'm okay. My mind is level, but I must say my heart's feeling a little confused at the moment.

Having it so close, looking deep into his warm green eyes, feeling his arms around me only to know that I had to turn my head and say 'no' broke my already fragile heart into a thousand razor sharp pieces

Again, thanks for letting me vent; get it off my heart.

Yours,
Lior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
and you said you rarely run into narcissism.....and rarely run into drama.......then what do you call all of this???? Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post

I was a good boy though, I brought him over to his apartment, gave him some water and motrin, and put him to bed.

I know he was drunk and frustrated from 'striking out' at the party. Mix that with the odd relationship we have and it caused his actions tonight.

When he leaned in to kiss me I could've died It was so everything I've dreamed about these past few months, but also so everything I wouldn't want it to be if you can understand my meaning.

Anyway -- I'm okay. My mind is level, but I must say my heart's feeling a little confused at the moment.

Having it so close, looking deep into his warm green eyes, feeling his arms around me only to know that I had to turn my head and say 'no' broke my already fragile heart into a thousand razor sharp pieces

Yours,
Lior

Old 03-17-2008, 10:13 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,010,509 times
Yeah...at the end of the night, you did the right thing. It's cold comfort now, I know, but, it's just the way the cards fall sometimes. And, far be it from me to be a sap when it comes to all of this, but seriously, if he can't see you for what you are and for what you do for him...it's time to move on. The yin to your yang is out there, telling the same story from the opposite side right now. Just keep looking, hon.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
My mind is level, but I must say my heart's feeling a little confused at the moment.

Yours,
Lior
Guess you're looking for a relationship... You know, as cliche as it sounds, life IS too short! Perhaps sometimes you should just grab what you want when the opportunity presents itself.

I'll give you a couple of examples from my life - both things were to put it bluntly one-weekend stands. The difference was that one was clearly so, while the other turned into a marriage not too long thereafter when it should've stayed what it was. I had a lovely memory of the former for about a month and still think of it fondly occasionally (it was something I needed at the time). That's not quite the case with the latter.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,633 times
Quote:

You're not perfect, babe. I can understand that you want him to be the one for you, but it might not work out like that.

Let me know if you want me to be there for you, I will.

Yours,
Lior
let me know

Old 03-17-2008, 10:54 PM

Thanks guys. FYI, for those of you who didn't read my post from a couple weeks ago, I'm a gay man and he's my best (straight) guy friend.

I appreciate the well wishes. I am fine, he does see who I am, but in our case we can never be more than just friends. He does love me very deeply and I think it confuses him (hence the alcohol tonight adding fuel to it for him).

Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
and you said you rarely run into narcissism.....and rarely run into drama.......then what do you call all of this???? Hello.
You must've missed my post when I said I had my own drama.

And..he's not narcisstic and he's not gay.

Thanks for your concern though

Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
And..he's not narcisstic and he's not gay.

Thanks for your concern though
I forgot this little detail... Oh, well, sorry then...

Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM

No apology necessary. I know it's a bit confusing. Even for me

Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,134 times
You did the right thing..... Drunk and horny is a dangerous thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships