Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 03:09 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
S. Then she started asking what I was doing the rest of the weekend. I haven't responded yet.
the first parts didn't sound bad. This last seems too intrusive or potentially jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 03:11 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
So the first text was to say she had a good time and wants to see me again. I replied to that one saying I had fun too and would like to see her again. Then she started planning dates right away and suggested places to go. I replied and said I have a lot going on for the Holidays but can make the Friday date (this Friday). She wants to go out both Friday and Saturday.

After that she texted four more times and I did not respond.

Today I responded to her last text about location for the Friday date. Then she asked again if I might be free on Saturday too. I said no. Then she asked if I'm free Sunday. I said no I'm only free Friday. Then she started asking what I was doing the rest of the weekend. I haven't responded yet.
I say this is not going to go well. I still think this extreme pushy behavior is a bad red flag. Think logically....if anyone becomes so demanding after just a first date....what would a relationship with them turn into.

OP, if you are going into a relationship with someone like this, at least know what you are getting into.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:12 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
That is too much. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-20-2017, 03:12 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
the first parts didn't sound bad. This last seems too intrusive or potentially jealous.
Meh, I've been asked that before on dates from different women. It just usually means if I have any plans for the weekend or not. Doesn't mean they're necessarily asking to go out on a date with me if I'm free.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:13 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
OK, with this additional information...especially asking what you were doing the rest of the weekend when you said you were only available on Friday... I don't get a good feeling from that, either. When you've just met someone, it's kinda none of their business what you are doing when you are too busy to hang with them. It's nice that she seems into you and wants to spend time with you and all, but she needs to calm down.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:16 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Arrogance is when there is a show of over inflated of self importance. I don't see that in any of the posts here... no one is claiming self importance in their posts. They are pointing out that you are looking for issues and red flags were none are yet to be apparent.

You know what is a red flag for me? A person who is constantly looking for problems and issues in others.... I end up walking on egg shells around them and they are difficult to please.
The arrogance I'm referring to is this idea that all men should feel "lucky" when a woman is interested in them. Isn't that giving women an over-inflated level of importance over men?

I've had a lot of women tell me it creeps them out when a guy is too eager, texts too much or shows strong interest very early. But when a woman does the same thing.. the guy is supposed to feel "lucky" someone is even interested in him? Sounds like nonsense and a double standard for sure.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
So the first text was to say she had a good time and wants to see me again. I replied to that one saying I had fun too and would like to see her again. Then she started planning dates right away and suggested places to go. I replied and said I have a lot going on for the Holidays but can make the Friday date (this Friday). She wants to go out both Friday and Saturday.

After that she texted four more times and I did not respond.

Today I responded to her last text about location for the Friday date. Then she asked again if I might be free on Saturday too. I said no. Then she asked if I'm free Sunday. I said no I'm only free Friday. Then she started asking what I was doing the rest of the weekend. I haven't responded yet.
What you are doing the rest of the weekend aint none of her business. That combined with the 8 texts is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:25 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
My date was a first time meeting on a Friday. After, I walked her to her car and gave her a hug and a goodnight kiss. The next day she was texting me to come and see me since she was going to be in the neighborhood. I didn't get that text but on the Sunday a date was made for dinner at my place on the coming Friday. She's still here!

OP, if you are going to date her (and I suggest you do) you will need to take control and establish boundaries. I had a gf who needed boundaries. She settled down after the initial rush and we stayed together for the next three years.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
What you are doing the rest of the weekend aint none of her business. That combined with the 8 texts is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned.

Do you think she will calm down once she feels more secure about my interest? She was a lot of fun on the first date and I still want to sleep with her. I just don't want an instant commitment until more dating has taken place.

That's the main reason I asked the original question. Trying to figure out if she is just really excited or if her behavior is what some like to call "creepy" since other women have told me this behavior is creepy when done by men. I've never had a woman do it to me until now so don't know what to make of it.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:33 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
The only way to figure this out is to EXPERIENCE it.

If you feel uncomfortable or too scared to do so, OP, then don't do it.

None of us can really TELL you what to do here. You have to go through it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships