Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:28 PM

29 posts, read 24,325 times

Advertisements

Solved, tattoo is going to happen.. I told him that will not be changing.

Last edited by Starlightsfall; 01-19-2018 at 11:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 10:31 PM

941 posts, read 3,912,534 times
he has an old school view on tattoos

Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 PM

29 posts, read 24,325 times
Yeah he does..I find them to be art and personal choices to live with forever. (funny thing is we are both artist..) He grew up in China so they are pretty strict about them and teach a bunch of false things. I've wanted this tattoo since my friend died in middle school, so I will be getting this done. What will happen after though..Idk..

Old 01-19-2018, 11:02 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
He doesn't own you or your body. If you want a tattoo, then get one. He will get over it, and might learn a lesson not to be so controlling. Otherwise you can prepare yourself for more problems to come.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:13 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
He doesn't own you or your body. If you want a tattoo, then get one. He will get over it, and might learn a lesson not to be so controlling. Otherwise you can prepare yourself for more problems to come.
I would tend to agree, not a huge fan of them but i wouldn't tell Mrs Chow that she couldn't get them.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
I would have an opinion on what and where.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:03 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,030 times
Disease anyone?

Tattoos have been credited with the spread of nasty infections from bad inks (toxic components or bacterial contamination from manufacturer) as well as not-as-sanitary as one would like conditions - HIV, Hep C, etc.

Be prepared for your husband adopting an "I do what I want" attitude on things you may not like as well. "It's my body and I'll wear it out on a motorcycle if I want to!"

Otherwise, enjoy the new tat. Try to get something you see yourself looking good with and being proud of when you are 80. Don't forget - colors fade and skin sags as we age.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:09 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
It’s easy for the women in here to say “he’s controlling “ or “it’s her body” but really his opinion should be considered. He is her husband and if she did not have tattoos when they married that is what he was buying into. Most men have opinions on how they want thier wife to look, hair cloths and yes tattoos or no tattoos. Women are no different, they have similar opinions about thier husbands appearance. Would the women in here hold the same opinion about a man getting a tattoo against his wife’s wishes? Would they say “it’s his body”? I doubt it, I’m guessing some of that is feminist fist in the air kinda stuff that’s popular lately. I know in a healthy marriage both husband and wife respect each other’s wishes. I for example have not had a beard in 20plus years because my wife does not like them. She keeps long hair because I like that. These are the kinds of things most married people do to make thier spouse happy.

In the end a wife who blatantly disregards her husbands opinions and wishes about getting a tattoo is the one who will pay the consequences of that decision. How will he take it? Will it damage the marriage? Does it send the message that he doesn’t matter to her? There is a risk and for the sake of the OP I hope she knows what she is doing.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:09 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightsfall View Post
Solved, tattoo is going to happen.. I told him that will not be changing.
I’m in his camp as I disdain tattoos of all kinds. If I was your husband I would express my opinion but likely you would already know. However that is where it would stop. It’s your body and a husband doesn’t own it but he still has the right to his own individual opinion.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:43 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
I am not a fan of tattoos either but I'm not going to tell my woman she couldn't get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships