Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 03:57 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Oh, I can imagine it. I seek out the company of people who get it, and there are more than a few, so it's a drum I never quit beating. But yeah, too many Americans in particular are obsessed with a word like, "Freedom" but only think it should apply to those who hold all the same values and opinions they do. Freedom to be just like me, or be treated badly, punished for being the odd nail sticking out of the board, if I can possibly make that happen. Gives me a right case of "You keep saying that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means."

But hey...anyone is free to be a jerk. I'm free to think that they are a jerk. Life goes on.

Not gonna blast ya, but you are in Florida. Out here, a guy with stars tattooed on his neck could absolutely get a job making good money in a business casual office like the one where I work. When I was in Washington state, I worked for an energy management firm up there, and the most senior Analyst and one of the top employees, was a witchy older lady with purple hair and several visible tattoos.

There are regional differences, and it's hard to realize that the "how it is" where you are, isn't the same everywhere, unless like I have, you move around and live in different areas.
For the folks in the cheap seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 07:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I wonder if those that don't like tattoos see it the way I do.
IMHO, it's like going to an art gallery and seeing a nice painting that someone has desecrated with a magic marker or graffiti.
Do you control what the gallery chooses to hang on its walls? NOPE.

Same with people and tattoos.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:44 PM

Bottom line: tattoos are legal. People can get them if they want. If you are married, you should consider your spouse, though.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:53 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
What's more important, the tattoo or the relationship? If a woman with whom I had a relationship, got a tattoo, she would have known in advance what my opinion about it was. And her going ahead with it, could be interpreted only as a slam against me and a statement that she didn't give a damn about what I thought of her. How could that relationship continue? There would be no reason for us to stay together.

But actually for me, it would be a moot issue, because I would never choose the kind of woman who would desecrate herself with such a thing. Getting tattooed is a form of self-mutilation, the kind of behavior that tells of a psychological disturbance within.

In the case of the OP, the man didn't agree to have a relationship with a tattooed woman. He very clearly stated his objection to it; highly against it, as the OP said. If she gets one, she should expect nothing more than either the end of their time together or a severe strain put on it. In fact, it would be the same as if she told him that they were finished.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 01-27-2018 at 03:34 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 04:14 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,031,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightsfall View Post
Solved, tattoo is going to happen.. I told him that will not be changing.
My husband is like this too, I wanted one before I was 30...he is very old-school & traditional. Views them as trashy. I want one as well, but alas...I will respect his wishes

Old 01-27-2018, 04:18 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,031,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't know...... it's OP 's body, but her husband is really opposed and forever, until death or divorce, he is going to have to look at a permanent reminder that his wife has total disregard for his feelings.
This is what I thought too. I really wanted my tattoo, but if I go ahead and get one, I would be hardpressed if he did something "because he wanted to..." w/ disregard to my feelings....it sucks but it's "we" now, not "I"...

Old 01-27-2018, 10:40 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I wonder if those that don't like tattoos see it the way I do.
IMHO, it's like going to an art gallery and seeing a nice painting that someone has desecrated with a magic marker or graffiti.
That's exactly how I often look at them when I see them on an otherwise pretty young lady. I see piercings that way too. I just want to say, "but, you could have been so pretty." Of course I don't say it, but I think it.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
That's exactly how I often look at them when I see them on an otherwise pretty young lady. I see piercings that way too. I just want to say, "but, you could have been so pretty." Of course I don't say it, but I think it.
Good, because what you really mean is...

“You could have been so pretty TO ME.”

And, it’s not likely she’s trying to attract you.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:22 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,865,796 times
Tattoos make people look low class and tacky, especially women. You wouldn't put a car sticker on a Mercede.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:37 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Tattoos make people look low class and tacky, especially women. You wouldn't put a car sticker on a Mercede.
Mercede, is that the high class way of saying Mercedes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships