Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:49 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,152,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
Actually it's not that hard.

I'm 36, never been married, have only had a couple relationships that have lasted for any time whatsoever.

And I get laid pretty regularly.

Different 'friends'. Don't talk for a while, and then talk again. Or it's 'dating' that goes nowhere after a couple months.

Everyone's situation is different. Not sure where this guy comes from.
It's very difficult for some on this thread, and many in society, to accept in any way or shape that men like this (quoted) exist. Watch enough YouTube, it seems some women are catching on, though. If they are, they need to be deeply worried.

...'Cept that I'm one, too. These days, they call it #MGTOW. Formerly, was "ranger" or "loner" or "hey you" I've not met many in-person, in fact very few other than the guy in the mirror. But we're out there.

We being: men who are presentable when we choose to be, yet are not bamboozled by the typical societal compact with women that often...though by no means always...leads to woe for one or both. Those men who, on careful consideration (the so-called Red Pill revelation) decide interactions with women will be at most light and casual, or even transactional-only. Why? Because the game is rigged, both socially and biologically. The only...only...winning move is not to participate by your opponent's rules.

Presentable, socially-adjusted guys with decent incomes can find partners on-occasion, when needed, via various methods. It isn't rocket science, despite what several of the closet-cases on this part of the forum seem to think. For those clowns, there is truly no hope. But neither are we inclined to give in and "get married," a catastrophic error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 11:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He probably meant if you sat around at home instead of going out and reaching out to women, you wouldn't get a date. Sitting in constantly concentrating on video games or whatever can make a person more and more isolated and less and less motivated to go out.

Most guys of all ages that I know play video games. A fair amount of women, too.

That's so fascinating. I'm not friends with any guys or girls that do.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:18 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
It's very difficult for some on this thread, and many in society, to accept in any way or shape that men like this (quoted) exist. Watch enough YouTube, it seems some women are catching on, though. If they are, they need to be deeply worried.

...'Cept that I'm one, too. These days, they call it #MGTOW. Formerly, was "ranger" or "loner" or "hey you" I've not met many in-person, in fact very few other than the guy in the mirror. But we're out there.

We being: men who are presentable when we choose to be, yet are not bamboozled by the typical societal compact with women that often...though by no means always...leads to woe for one or both. Those men who, on careful consideration (the so-called Red Pill revelation) decide interactions with women will be at most light and casual, or even transactional-only. Why? Because the game is rigged, both socially and biologically. The only...only...winning move is not to participate by your opponent's rules.

Presentable, socially-adjusted guys with decent incomes can find partners on-occasion, when needed, via various methods. It isn't rocket science, despite what several of the closet-cases on this part of the forum seem to think. For those clowns, there is truly no hope. But neither are we inclined to give in and "get married," a catastrophic error.
I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Despite there being plenty of men talking about this, there are still plenty of men in the dating world who want very much to be married. And I don't think that most marriages are the woman demanding it as her end of the social compact for sex. Men want to get a lock on a woman they hope to keep in their life forever. They know very well she's got other options. They want to be the one who gets the prize and keeps it. They want companionship. They want a mom for their family, their kids. They want someone to make love to, sleep next to, confide in, and snuggle with.

I know, because as a woman, I had plenty of guys trying to sell me that very "happily ever after" when I was in the dating scene, EVEN THOUGH, I was clearly offering a more no-strings casual interaction. I was trying to avoid commitment for a while after getting out of a divorce, and I wanted to have some fun, yet a significant number of men were wanting a loyal, faithful woman to be The One for them.

And no matter how busy the men's movement forums get, no matter how certain their members feel about the Way of the Red Pill, you are not going to change the minds of the many men who want a wife and a family, or just a solid longterm companion. In fact I would say that among my close associates in life these days, I meet more men who want the "social compact" and women who want to have some casual fun, with MAYBE a "see where this goes" addendum attached. The ladies aren't buyin' the car without a test drive as much anymore, that's for sure.

I just raise an eyebrow at the whole, "You women, you'll be sorry!" attitude. I don't think so. People want what they want, and they want different things sometimes. Some guys want to keep it casual, some don't. Many who say they do, are just having a huffy sour grapes tantrum because what they really wanted, didn't work out. Whatever works for them, though, I guess.

Also, the marriage I'm planning, is going to benefit my future husband more than it's going to benefit me, logistically, I think. I am interested in doing it mostly BECAUSE I think it will be good for him. Easy to get him on my insurance and other benefits. Easy for me to help care for him as he ages. I mean, sure, it will eventually make it easier for me to inherit all of his D&D minis one day without the courts getting involved, but...

Old 02-21-2018, 01:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post

Huh? This is new? LOL.

I remember all this from the 70s. The only difference is today, hopefully, these guys don't have heavy chains dangling in their nest of chest hair. Although to each his own.

Same stuff, different hairstyle. Sorry...not new. At all, LOL. Saw it in the 70s. Saw it in the 80s. The 90s, the past 2 decades. Heard about it from the 60s and a couple of my parents' friends...

And women are still not worried. 'Cause it's always been a choice. And it's never had an impact. It's just...a choice. One that a few have always taken, either temporarily, sporadically, or permanently. And, know what? Women are occasionally down for that too. So everybody wins. Why would you want women to be "worried," anyway, if this is your choice and it's a positive one? Hmmm.

(p.s. It was never a "ranger" though. Giggle...)

Old 02-21-2018, 02:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Huh? This is new? LOL.

I remember all this from the 70s. ...

(p.s. It was never a "ranger" though. Giggle...)
Thank you.

The smarter ones believe their big words are gonna confuse "the enemy."

I guess using military terms makes it seem even MORE manly and more definitive, like a choice. Whatever works! Just stop acting like you reinvented the wheel when all you did was hop on the bandwagon.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:52 PM

639 posts, read 376,762 times
Just to clarify, I'm not 'MGTOW'.

There is no subversive plot to stay single my entire life. lol. It just hasn't worked out that way.

Which is fine.

The point is you can be single, and still live having a sex life.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's so fascinating. I'm not friends with any guys or girls that do.
Seriously??? Wow...my husband and his friends do...my brother does...all these are guys in their 30s and 40s. Not constantly, though. Work and family come first.

Maybe every few days my husband will grab the PS4. Mostly it is because the kids ask him to play it with them but sometimes it's just for him. He might play for half an hour or 45.

Actually, right now he's playing basketball. It looks SO real it's almost creepy.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Seriously??? Wow...my husband and his friends do...my brother does...all these are guys in their 30s and 40s. Not constantly, though. Work and family come first.

Maybe every few days my husband will grab the PS4. Mostly it is because the kids ask him to play it with them but sometimes it's just for him. He might play for half an hour or 45.

Actually, right now he's playing basketball. It looks SO real it's almost creepy.

No, I don't know if I know anyone with a video game unit either. I don't see it as their houses. My nephews don't play them at all, either. I suppose they might on their phones?

I think they last time I played a video game was ******* on an Atari in the early 80s.

(Edit: Apparently that video game with a frog going from log to log is a bad word?)

Old 03-02-2018, 10:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
Well I'm guessing the OP has only had casual sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships