Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 06:48 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Is it rude when men ghost women? None of the men will answer that question it seems.
Yes. That's the point many of us are making: What's right and wrong shouldn't be a function of how many X chromosomes you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If just did the first meeting to determine if we wanted to have a date and sent that message (minus the safety part) I wouldn't consider it ghosting if they never responded. They just weren't interested.

There needs to be some time of established rapport for there to be ghosting in my book. I had it happen shortly after I moved to Providence, we went out 8 times or so over 6 weeks, then dropped off the face of the earth. That's ghosting. I ran into her maybe 4 months later and she said sorry, but whatever, that was ghosting in my book.
Define meeting vs date? What if you had dinner as a first or second meeting? A two hour date? Sex on the first date? When does this ghosting line start?

Old 05-04-2018, 08:40 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Define meeting vs date? What if you had dinner as a first or second meeting? A two hour date? Sex on the first date? When does this ghosting line start?
You really don't want to get into the "meet" vs "date" discussion here. Trust me just this one time...

Old 05-04-2018, 09:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You really don't want to get into the "meet" vs "date" discussion here. Trust me just this one time...

Old 05-05-2018, 01:51 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Hands up, that was me, guilty as charged.
I was unaware of that rule, but ignorance of the law/rules is no defence.
If I was to run a red light in the U.S., I don’t think telling the cop that I didn’t know it was wrong would help me.
There are times, when I’ve maybe just had a long phone call in French, or read or written an email in French, that my brain is still thinking in French, perhaps this was one of those times, but to reiterate, I didn’t know it was forbidden, but I do now, and I apologise to the moderators, I’ll strive to rein it in.
I’d like a second offence taken into consideration for apology, my post # 193, in reply to Catgirl.
My use of the French phrases for “I am deeply sorryâ€, and “what a shameâ€, stem from my being an incurable romantic, I just thought that in addressing a woman, using the beautiful language might make her think, “okay, maybe this guy’s full of it in using French to me, but it sounds nice, and he means no harm.â€
No apology required. I don't remember most of my high school and college French, but I do remember that much.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I agree that the bottom line is that it is about rejection. The person who does not get what he or she wants is disappointed. In this case I would bet my left ovary that even if the girl had officially answered with a no, this guy would have screamed. It isn't about the money because if she had given him the reaction he wanted, the money would have been of no consequence.
I suspect you are right, and many of the comments so far in this thread would tend to reinforce that impression.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
How would you know? Is that opinion based on your obvious distrust and perhaps hatred for men that you seem to have, at least on this forum?

Of course you are not bothered that a woman potentially violated men's privacy by publishing all this information for everyone to see? At some point, this would probably be a crime...
I was under the impression that she did not share his identity, or anything that might have revealed it.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Ghosting starts when you have an established rapport. Not one meeting, or one date. If I meet someone at a bar and we go home that night and I reach out and don't hear back, it's not ghosting in my book. It's just that she isn't interested, and she doesn't owe me squat.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:41 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
I personally would not care if a woman ghosted on me, whether it was the first date or the 5th.

It's one of those, "is what it is" or "charge it to the game" things.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:07 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I personally would not care if a woman ghosted on me, whether it was the first date or the 5th.

It's one of those, "is what it is" or "charge it to the game" things.
So if she ghosted you after months/years of dating, you'd still think the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships