Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:10 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I agree in part with Timberline. My take is that she is deciding if she wants to be just friends or whether she wants a romantic relationship, and she's still making up her mind. — IMO it could go either way.

Dizzy, I suggest you should continue your other social activities and dating, and go along with "she" and see if you can get it back to telephone conversations, keeping in mind that you have to steer her in the romantic direction.

You'll have to decide if you can't play it into a romantic relationship whether you want to have a platonic friend.

That's a good concept. I've been there myself, sometimes you do everything right and you lose anyway.

And the answer is always the same: keep your options open. And most of us agree that OLD works, so I truly believe that very few of us can't get dates.

The best medicine for breaking up with somebody is to just go out on more dates. You can have a good time while you're feeling miserable!
And there lies the truth. You can be on a date with a person while still healing from a breakup. If both people are having fun on the date, then there shouldn’t be too many hard feelings. Sure it stinks if it doesn’t work out, but there’s something to be said about having an enjoyable date. Plus, not everyone you go out with is going to knock it out of the park with you and vice versa. Sometimes people are meant to come into our lives to cheer us up, but aren’t meant to be any kind of long-term fixture in our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 11:12 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
You have to be able to pick your right audience. That's not always easy to do, since dating, much like life, can come in waves. I could lose all the women I'm talking to tomorrow and have to start over again. Just because I'm out on the dating front, doesn't mean the women out there are looking for me. I consider myself lucky this year, but I also think I honed in on what works best for me and my captive audience. That took time and a bit of inward reflection. I had to be honest about certain things in my life, and being honest with those things, made dating easier for me.
I've been OLD pretty much beginning January (and my first experience OLD) and I've finally decided I'm not lucky, I've just been using OLD to my best advantage and IMO it works. My worst this year is I think once I went 2 weeks without a date. For a while I had to turn off OLD because I was dating as many as I could handle without getting to the point of having no life outside of dating. My point is that whenever things aren't working out all anybody has to do is go back to the OLD site and get more dates.

I'm currently focusing on just one woman and to my best knowledge she isn't dating anybody but me. I turned off my two OLD sites, no new matches. I don't want to be confused by dating other women until my pending relationship resolves. If it works out then we're good, if it doesn't work out I'll just re-enable my OLD and including a few present orbiters I'm sure my dating won't stop if my current relationship doesn't work out.

I kind of like it this way. We are not going steady per se, it's just that neither of us is dating anybody else. It makes the relationship more special to me, and I hope she feels the same way too.

I first got the idea from another topic where we discussed why women sometimes turn off their profiles when they meet somebody they really like. Their thinking is they don't want to be confused dating too many men, and would rather date only 1-2 men. I didn't get it then but I got it once that topic resolved.

I started to address her with the wrong name recently, corrected myself in time (or she pretended to not notice) but right there is a good reason why if you really like one person to focus on that person and eliminate the confusing competition.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:52 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,941 times
Quote:
I've been OLD pretty much beginning January (and my first experience OLD) and I've finally decided I'm not lucky, I've just been using OLD to my best advantage and IMO it works. My worst this year is I think once I went 2 weeks without a date. For a while I had to turn off OLD because I was dating as many as I could handle without getting to the point of having no life outside of dating. My point is that whenever things aren't working out all anybody has to do is go back to the OLD site and get more dates.

I'm currently focusing on just one woman and to my best knowledge she isn't dating anybody but me. I turned off my two OLD sites, no new matches. I don't want to be confused by dating other women until my pending relationship resolves. If it works out then we're good, if it doesn't work out I'll just re-enable my OLD and including a few present orbiters I'm sure my dating won't stop if my current relationship doesn't work out.

I kind of like it this way. We are not going steady per se, it's just that neither of us is dating anybody else. It makes the relationship more special to me, and I hope she feels the same way too.

I first got the idea from another topic where we discussed why women sometimes turn off their profiles when they meet somebody they really like. Their thinking is they don't want to be confused dating too many men, and would rather date only 1-2 men. I didn't get it then but I got it once that topic resolved.

I started to address her with the wrong name recently, corrected myself in time (or she pretended to not notice) but right there is a good reason why if you really like one person to focus on that person and eliminate the confusing competition.

Yeah, I decided to join a few more sites and the results have been insane! I'm messaging more women than I can handle and have a few dates lined up. I was talking to a woman recently for a week straight. Nice girl; had a 4 year old son but she had it together. She fell for me hard and she moved a bit fast, to which I told her let's slow it down a bit. She invited me over to her apartment and made a move on me. Stupid me made a move back. We didn't have sex though, which was the smart thing to do. Since that night, I haven't heard from her since. Funny how she had no issues sitting on my lap and shoving her tongue down my throat though.

Eh, oh well.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy1988 View Post
Yeah, I decided to join a few more sites and the results have been insane! I'm messaging more women than I can handle and have a few dates lined up. I was talking to a woman recently for a week straight. Nice girl; had a 4 year old son but she had it together. She fell for me hard and she moved a bit fast, to which I told her let's slow it down a bit. She invited me over to her apartment and made a move on me. Stupid me made a move back. We didn't have sex though, which was the smart thing to do. Since that night, I haven't heard from her since. Funny how she had no issues sitting on my lap and shoving her tongue down my throat though.

Eh, oh well.
Hey Diz, I just loved your post!

Just remember that both men and women should limit their speed to what they desire and what they can handle. Nothing happens unless both agree. And yeah I can understand your lack of resolve when faced with ... well ... ^^^

Just remember to think with the right head. That would be the one that keeps your ears from rubbing together.

You got the right message. If things are moving too slowly, just join a second site. Men want to meet women and women want to meet men. All the OLD sites do is remove the barrier.

You'll probably end like me, at some point having more dates than you have time for. It's all good! All you need to do is either ignore the OLD site or turn off your profile for a short period.

At present my OLD profiles are switched off because I found a woman I really want to focus on, at least until we decide if we want to make a bigger deal out of it, or until we lose interest.

OLD is cyclic. I'm pretty sure many find their true loves via OLD. I just totally believe the OLD site testimony that they produce. I am totally satisfied that my two OLD sites have delivered my money's worth to me.

Old 07-06-2018, 05:00 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,941 times
Quote:
Hey Diz, I just loved your post!

Just remember that both men and women should limit their speed to what they desire and what they can handle. Nothing happens unless both agree. And yeah I can understand your lack of resolve when faced with ... well ... ^^^

Just remember to think with the right head. That would be the one that keeps your ears from rubbing together.

You got the right message. If things are moving too slowly, just join a second site. Men want to meet women and women want to meet men. All the OLD sites do is remove the barrier.

You'll probably end like me, at some point having more dates than you have time for. It's all good! All you need to do is either ignore the OLD site or turn off your profile for a short period.

At present my OLD profiles are switched off because I found a woman I really want to focus on, at least until we decide if we want to make a bigger deal out of it, or until we lose interest.

OLD is cyclic. I'm pretty sure many find their true loves via OLD. I just totally believe the OLD site testimony that they produce. I am totally satisfied that my two OLD sites have delivered my money's worth to me.

Thanks Lovehound! She hasn't talked to me all week. So I wrote her off and kept it moving. Yeah, I'm talking to so many now that I had to start turning off my profiles. Summer is here and I don't want my entire focus of summer to be the dating game LOL! I have a few lined up so let's see what happens!

Old 07-06-2018, 05:15 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,584 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm talking to so many now that I had to start turning off my profiles.
That's a nice problem to have

Good luck

Old 07-07-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Thanks Lovehound! She hasn't talked to me all week. So I wrote her off and kept it moving. Yeah, I'm talking to so many now that I had to start turning off my profiles. Summer is here and I don't want my entire focus of summer to be the dating game LOL! I have a few lined up so let's see what happens!
I'm glad that you're happy. I reached that point earlier this year dating four women and while I did enjoy the dates but I also like a few nights on my own and like to see my buddies too.

My present favorite and I have been talking and texting all week. Much of her job is just being there "in case" and we have plenty of time to chat on phone while she's at work. She and I have dates both tonight and tomorrow night so that tends to suggest I have a good thing. It's good enough that I don't want to be bothered by other women so that's why I turned my OLD off.

Like picardlx says, it's a good problem to have when you are happy enough with your present dating situation that you turned off your profile(s) because you're getting enough dates.

With somebody I really like I'm content to have two dates a week and talk/text on days we don't have dates. Let that go on for some months and I'd say I'd have a relationship and expired OLD memberships. (Hers already expired.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships