Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:48 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,020,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Massachusetts has always had my hair and eye colours, and my height on my drivers licenses.
Mine has my mug shot.. with numbers underneath.. trying to figure out what those numbers mean !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,411,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Another one for the donottalkto list. Well, excuse me for liking to talk with you.
AWW.. I just wanted to get into yours and beowulfs game... dont put me on the list! Please dont!!

Old 03-30-2008, 05:53 PM

820 posts, read 2,871,678 times
Height isn't a dealbreaker for me in dating a man. However, his not being a millionaire isn't either. That's probably your answer in regards to the woman on the show.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:33 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,816,220 times
Height is definitely a dealbreaker for most women, the ones who post here saying it's not an issue are just being politically correct, they would be the first ones to find any number of excuses to avoid dating a short guy with any serious intentions. I believe Helen Fisher, the anthropologist did research on this and found that every inch below 6'0 for a man lowers his desirability by 5% on average. Women are generally not attracted to short men. It is a shallow world whether you like it or not and just have to deal with it.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,838,175 times
Wow, I've haven't been called "politically correct" in--well, ever.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:45 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,411,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Height is definitely a dealbreaker for most women, the ones who post here saying it's not an issue are just being politically correct, they would be the first ones to find any number of excuses to avoid dating a short guy with any serious intentions. I believe Helen Fisher, the anthropologist did research on this and found that every inch below 6'0 for a man lowers his desirability by 5% on average. Women are generally not attracted to short men. It is a shallow world whether you like it or not and just have to deal with it.
I have to say... I think that is just crazy. What has height have to do with a man, or a woman?

If you can look on the inside of a person, nothing else should matter. If you can see a person for who they are... there should not be any other issue at hand.

Think what you want. Think that I am full of it.

But, if you are a sincere person, those other things just do not matter. You will love your mate for who they are. For what they mean to you.

One of my sisters married a man much shorter than she is. By at least half a foot, I would say.

Why does it even matter how short or tall a person is. It doesn't. better yet, it just shouldn't.

Now this is me, and I speak for no one but myself.

In high school I dated someone who I suppose was average, maybe shorter than average, at just a couple inches taller than me. I am only 5'5". yes, I would say he was about 2 inches taller than I was.

I actually dated two guys around that height, and had no problem with it.

I just happened to have married one taller than that. I wouldn't take it back.. the horrible person he was. I should have looked harder into his eyes... into his soul.

This is what I do now. I look past the height. I look past the looks. I look past the high cheekbones and the pretty blonde hair.

The strength of the jawbone.

You know what? Those things don't matter. Those are the things a little girl sees. Those are the things I saw.

Now I look into the heart. The mind. The soul. Now... I do look at is this person my equivalent? Not my height equivelant. No, my emotional, my intelligence.. etc.

Now it is time to look at the person. Who he is inside. Nothing else matters.

Well... if he is pretty... that is a plus.

That little study you are talking about? Does it exist? Or is it for little girls and fairy tales?

I am a woman who is real life.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,639,377 times
I think that any woman who values height as a man's worth has a very low self esteem.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,838,175 times
Helen Fisher has actually done some good work, and I think that there is a lot of truth in the various studies she's done. But I think she has basically addressed initial attraction, and I think we all know how reality based that is.

I can freely confess that I might find a taller man more attractive and maybe not even know why, or even really think about it--I'm talking about a first impression, and if that impression doesn't hold up during conversation, oh well. Personally I just seem to have better chemistry with people closer to my own height.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,399,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I think Jakedog is ridiculous that he says a shorter guy can't get the pick of the litter. What does that mean? Average height men have to date women who are unkept and homely? I've never heard anything that stupid in my life. All I'm saying is I think judging someone by how tall they are is absurd.
Tall people are more successful. And tall guys get laid more. That's a fact.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,639,377 times
It's a fact? I've never heard of that one before. I think you're living in Never Never Land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships